Vaquero air test question

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not normal, something must be wrong with your machine. I could turn my disq almost open and this still hit on the silver.

OP
OP
Slowtaknow

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Phew, some sort of ground balance issue, not sure if it will stay but it is working after adjustment. Weird for an air test though, and would explain why i have been sucking lately.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to suggest doing the adjustment like the manual says. If I recall it's 5 turns to the right (just to make sure it's all the way positive no matter where it's set) then go one turn back.
It's only a 3 1/2 turn pot so you could do the opposite and go all the way negative then 2 turns positive.
Please don't quote me and definitely read it in the manual how to do it but it's a general "neutral" setting for air testing.

OP
OP
Slowtaknow

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think my two year old was messing with it, i need to put up somewhere safe yet easy to get to.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Phew, some sort of ground balance issue, not sure if it will stay but it is working after adjustment. Weird for an air test though, and would explain why i have been sucking lately.

I would hope that each time you hunt or move a far distance you are rechecking your ground balance and making adjustments. It's not a set it and forget it thing. Must be adjusted when changing locations or at least checked to make sure you're still good and/or knob wasn't moved by accident in transit or by kiddies finding it in the closet and playing with the knobs

OP
OP
Slowtaknow

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that's what i did.

OP
OP
Slowtaknow

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did get lazy the last time or two i took it out, been playing with the f2 lately just to see how deep she is in this wet soil.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
I was air testing my vaquero in all metal mode out of boredom and figured i would see how much distance i lost in disc. mode and it seemed not to sense any silver discriminated right above iron?! Am i missing something, is it broken, or am i just plain dumb?, i bought the vaquero/tejon book but don't remember reading about anything like this.

something definitely is "erratically" wrong!
should blow your ears out!..call to prescott is in order!
good luck!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

OP
OP
Slowtaknow

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would hope that each time you hunt or move a far distance you are rechecking your ground balance and making adjustments. It's not a set it and forget it thing. Must be adjusted when changing locations or at least checked to make sure you're still good and/or knob wasn't moved by accident in transit or by kiddies finding it in the closet and playing with the knobs

I hadn't been leaving the yard so i got lazy and didn't bother to rebalance it since it was the same soil. Was my own stupidity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread