Vaquero in iron infested areas

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Tejon handles it real well. One reason I bought it was to hunt in heavy iron areas. It will make crack and pop noises when you're really in the iron, but it doesn't false.

-Swartzie

OP
OP
sgratrider

sgratrider

Sep 21, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it doesnt null out ? And how quick does it recover if there is a good target close by to the iron ?

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Recovery is very quick. If there is something within a couple inches it will find it so long as it is a nail or something similar and if it is on the same plane. That is to say, if the object is under the iron I don't think it will find it unless the object is bigger than the iron bits. Check out this youtube vid. The Tejon is able to pick out the object in the center of a ring of nails. But if the object were just a little bit lower than the nails then it would be harder to pick out unless the nails were not so close to the object. It's not a miracle machine, but for me it's a heck of a step up from the Ace 250 which goes bonkers around iron.

-Swartzie

OP
OP
sgratrider

sgratrider

Sep 21, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting video ! thanks man

GooniePirate

Oct 25, 2010
Clark County Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett ACE 350, Whites 6000DiS3, Jetco Mustang
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only got to use my Vaquero about 5 weeks before the ground "hardened up" around here. Hit a spot in a park the gave a clean signal but it had a "chirp" or a "pop" with it. Dug it up and it was a dime and a nail about 1-2 inches apart. I like my Vaquero.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread