VDI Multiple Choice Quiz for Fathers Day

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VDI Multiple Choice Quiz for Father's Day

What target below rings up as a solid 50 at 8 khz in dry sand?

a. Pull Tab

b. New Modern Nickel

c. Petite gold ring with diamond chips.

Answer: All of the above.

Fortunately, I decided to dig all solid signals this morning (even suspected trash) and was rewarded. Nabbed all of the above (plus some clad, zincolns, a house key, sinkers, tent stakes and plenty of trash) but the ring obvoiusly made for a very happy Father's Day. The difference between the targets was the tone, with the ring providing the sweetest tone without the telltale "trailing whine" typical of a pull tab but I honestly thought it was going to be a nickel. Nothing shines like gold at the bottom of your scoop! Happy Father's Day!

Attachments

• 1466355061145.jpg
    1466355061145.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 1466375788379.jpg
    1466375788379.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find!

"You're like a Chatty Kathy doll...YAAAHHHH YAHHHHHH!!!" LOL

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you got paid. I know what your talking about with the vdi hunting relics I get all kinds of numbers but when that tone has that sweet sound thats when I get really excited.I can get things that vdi in the 90s but when you get that sweet sound when you pass over silver so what im trying to say sliver reading 93 will sound different than copper or aluminum reading at 93.

OP
OP
vferrari

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find!

"You're like a Chatty Kathy doll...YAAAHHHH YAHHHHHH!!!" LOL

"I could tolerate any insurance seminar. For days I could sit there and listen to them go on and on with a big smile on my face. They'd say, "How can you stand it?" I'd say, "'Cause I've been with Del Griffith. I can take ANYTHING."

I love that Steve Martin rant in PTA almost as much as the the rental car lady scene. Thanks for the chuckle.

OP
OP
vferrari

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you got paid. I know what your talking about with the vdi hunting relics I get all kinds of numbers but when that tone has that sweet sound thats when I get really excited.I can get things that vdi in the 90s but when you get that sweet sound when you pass over silver so what im trying to say sliver reading 93 will sound different than copper or aluminum reading at 93.

CD,

You are right on with that. I like to see the numbers but the tone "quality" is the real key. I've sort of integrated both inputs in my search routine such that it would be hard for me to hunt by tones alone, though it could be done. In fact, I also use the VCO variable tone of the gold field program (all metal mode) as a third input to discriminate a target. Sometimes I hunt with gold field as the primary if I am digging all targets and switch to 4-tones or full tones (still getting used to it) when I acquire a target or vice versa if I am looking primarily for coins and use Gold Field to pinpoint (better than the pinpointer because it displays the VDI). It's starting to really become second nature, so now I am hoping to take it to the next level with some quality finds. Got some relic permission properties to hit this summer, a beach trip scheduled end of the month, and hopefully will be able to join friends for our annual fall relic hunt. Looking forward to a productive Deus summer! Hopefully, I can aspire to discoveries that are worthy of being posted on the same page as your quality finds (minus the bees of course).

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hunting style is very simple I run my machine open no discrim and a discrim of 1 in my deep programs to knock out ground noise. I use full tones in all 4 of my programs basically im just looking for non ferrous targets in the iron or trash cause I mainly hunt old sites. My life is simple if it beeps dig it.You coin and jewerly shooters have it alot rougher. I do use the vdi too and get excited when it has a good number on it. Some of the sites I hunt are so full of iron im just looking for a glimpse of a signal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions