9" Coil Continues to Shine!

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hot almost everywhere in the country this week, so I decided to try out the good ole park at dusk for a couple hours. Have been using a deep-seeking 4 kHz program here for a couple of months now, and the coins just keep coming - somedays it's nothing but aluminum and deep nails for the first hour or two, and then suddenly you see a coin in the bottom of the hole - although the signal sounded like another beavertail. This 1894 S quarter was 9" deep and had a bad rust stain on both sides from a tack that was resting presumably with the coin.

Also picked up two 1918 D Wheats, separate holes, and a 1904 Indian cent - these coins came from about 8" deep and again were just pipsqueaks of a signal.

I think it's time to start using the non-motion audio disc mode for those deeper coins - there has to be some at the 10-12" level that are *just* out of reach at the moment....

With v4.0 just around the corner - I'm excited to see what it can do for those small aluminum targets - halves of beavertails and pieces of ring pulls - that seem to plague this place. If the upgrade includes finer adjustment of Reactivity...that would be a game-changer here!

NCM_0302.JPG NCM_0301.JPG

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Taylor nice going on the old deep silver! You're making it super hard for me not to buy a Deus.

tabman

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to my park today and found a 1944 quarter ,not old like yours but your right I love my 9 in coil,nice find

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Way to go saving the nice Barber.
On another note did you give up on the video glasses??
sure would like to see more on how to use full tones...
Thanks for the posts.

OP
OP
CZconnoisseur

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The video glasses' battery died and won't take a charge. Need to send it in for a batt replacement at some point - have to move at the end of this month, so after we get settled I'll get those fixed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread