Vermont Newbie

T

thekingofmikes

1.jpg

Sorry about the conceided picture, it is my backdrop at work :)
23 years old here, Been Active Duty Military for the last 5 years, but will now be returning to vermont, with my sicilian baby doll (pictured) Looking for a treasure hunter in the area to take me under their wing and show me the tricks of the trade ?;D
Although I used to Pan for gold a bit,
My only real experence T-hunting is going out with an italian friend here in sicily and finding a few old greek and roman coins (nothing really worth ?keeping)
and the 1810 or 1820 (something like that) dime I found in my drive way with my first metal detector (it wasn't a very good one by the way)
Definatly a hobby I am interested in, and I know lots of potential sights and old house foundations in the central/northern vermont area... Could also use some advice on a good starter detector.
Nice to ?be a part of the forums, and look forward to learning from all you vets ?;D

TOWcritter

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll pick up some pointers here. It's the best Md'ing and treasure web site on the internet. Nice looking honey you have there. When I was in Naples I ran into a few beauties like her but I didn't get a chance to bring them home! Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at Work ?

Are they Hireing ? ;D

Very Nice Pics.

Thanks for Posting

Jeff

OP
OP
T

thekingofmikes

skinnyoda said:
Bandido 2 umax is a nice used detector, especially for a? first one.
Thanks... Do you know the price range for one of those bad boys?
Also is there anyone on the boards from vermont?

N

nutso

Not in Vermont but close. Alot of good hunting in eastern NY. I'd look on Ebay for used detectors. I have 2 xlt's and a Fisher for water detecting. I love my Xlt's and the Fisher has worked good in fresh water. Headed to Maine beaches soon and trying them out there. Good luck hunting.

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
hay sup centrel new Hampshire here (concord) you might want to try the ace 250 its only $199 brand new with a 3 year warranty i don't own one but here its a great machine if thats too much you can go on the finger hut web site they have them for as low as $10.00 a month good luck and H H

oldtimer82

May 29, 2005
irasburg, vermont
Detector(s) used
whites silver eagle
thekingofmikes said:
skinnyoda said:
Bandido 2 umax is a nice used detector, especially for a? first one.
Thanks... Do you know the price range for one of those bad boys?
Also is there anyone on the boards from vermont?
hi there,i just joined this forum.i also are from vermont,in orleans county
oldtimer82

D

dlagerst

I'd get the most expensive detector you can afford. I bought a White's IDX Pro and upgraded to their top of the line DFX in about a year. I bought mine at Parro's Gunshop in Waterbury VT.... sounds like you might be close to there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread