OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
He has another necklace up for under spot, with $12 shipping. I think maybe he doesn't realize that Ebay is taking the same percent off for shipping as they do for the auction. He is a long time seller, but hasn't sold a lot recently. I don't know. Jersey, is that with or without insurance? Through Ebay? Using the shipping calculator, I got $2.54 with no insurance in the PO, $2.04 for using Ebay to print the label.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was it delivered w/ signature needed? Required for items over 250.00 for seller protection, and that would add extra cost.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I use eBay for 99.9% of my shipping & a 6 oz package with tracking runs me right around $2.25 or so. Don't quote me on that because they just raised the rates. I don't believe in charging a lot more for shipping than it costs me. That doesn't stop me from buying from people that jack up the shipping. IMO the only thing that counts is the total price. I don't care what they call it or how they split it between price & shipping as long as I know up front what I'm going to pay. Life's too short to worry about how someone else does business even if I think it's idiotic.

Having said all that I'll also say this. As a top rated seller (TRS) I get a heck of a discount on some of my shipping costs. Sometimes that's as much as $10 or more. I'm not passing that on to the customer. Here's an example: Assume an average sale price for an item that's somewhat low value but heavy that sells for $15 with $15 shipping. The average total sale price of that item is $30. If I got a $5 discount on shipping I could sell that item for $5 less OR I could keep an extra $5 profit. I'm going to keep the extra $5 & not lose any sleep over it because I sold the item for fair market value. It's not anyone else's business how much profit I made or where it came from.

Last edited:

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the shipping charge is listed and you agree to buy the item....don't complain. If you don't like the shipping, don't buy the item or contact the seller before bidding.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The truth is, Ebay was asking ME if *I* think his shipping rate was reasonable. I didn't. That's my opinion. I didn't realize 3 stars was a defect, or I wouldn't have left it. I knew what it was before I bought. IMHO, if you are going to ask more for shipping, send it off nicely. That's all I'm saying. I feel bad now. Would I do it again? No. I would have written the seller and told him my opinion. I can't fix it. I wish I could. But until one of you figure out how to go back in time, it is going to have to stay this way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread