Very First Silver!

cybball

Mar 19, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know, not that exciting, for some, but it was for me. Hit a local spot where my daughter and I found some jewelry and found about a million bobby pins in the sand. Got sick of that and we went to a local park. Both my daughter and 5 year old son got pretty bored quick. I let them play on the playground equipment and I did some searching. Lots of pull tabs. Found a clad penny and dime in the sand in the pea gravel under the playground equipement. They got pretty worn, so we headed back to the truck. They were already in the truck and yelling at me to hurry up. :) I thought I had better look around an enormous oak 20 feet from the truck. Got that certain Pinging noise that my Ace 250 makes on coins. 1947 Dime. It's in good shape too. Ah, the things I do for 10 cents.

Upvote 0

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Finding silver is always exciting. Good thinking searching around the tree, congrats on your first silver.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice finds cybball!

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice, I still ahven't found my first silver coin. 3 Silver rings though. Dug $3.25 in clad today at an old park, the oldest was a 1965 quarter...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread