Very promising day....

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went on a road trip and go some good stuff. One bank had a sealed bag of 100 Eisenhowers!!! From the outside I see multiple silvers including a peace dollar. Thats the first peace dollar I have ever hunted! Another bank has "Around $700 in halves in the vault." I asked if they were all from the same person and she said "No they have been accumulating over the years!!!" Only problem? They couldnt open the vault, and I have to go back next week :BangHead::BangHead:. So for the next few days thats all I am going to think about LOL.

I decided to resist the temptation of opening the Eisenhowers and decided to throw the bag on Ebay, will post a link and pics tomorrow when the listing begins if anyone is interested.

HH everyone

Joe

Upvote 0

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part of me wants to say "Cool!", "Congrats!", etc. The other part of me wants to say "What the hell are you doing??".
Based on your past posts, it seems like you like to stay pretty liquid. I get it and to each their own, but isn't part of the thrill of treasure hunting owning the valuable treasure instead of the cash value of the treasure?
Maybe you're more than comfortable with your current stack. I don't know. I'm keeping it all, and so is whoever I'm leaving it to.

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just don't really care for Eisenhowers all that much, I stack 90%, .999, and Morgans. Maybe it will sell for enough that I can add a CC GSA Morgan to my collection. There are many things that I have kept, but I dont really have any attachment to my finds and just see them as a vehicle to purchase the things I do want.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes sense. I think I'm just hungry for big dollar silver, in any form.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry man, I couldn't do it if it were me. I would at least have to take a peek and see what is in there.

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to at least give us pics!!
How many silver s did you see??????

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Joe, you're not going to keep the first Peace Dollar you have ever hunted? If it were me, I would cut that bag open and grab that peace dollar at least. Nice scores! Hope there is something there for you when you go back! HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe, you're not going to keep the first Peace Dollar you have ever hunted? If it were me, I would cut that bag open and grab that peace dollar at least. Nice scores! Hope there is something there for you when you go back! HH, Maverick.

It was very tempting, dont get me wrong, but I figured I would give Ebay a try! I dont think many of these go up for sale (maybe I'm wrong) so maybe I'll make a few $$$ on it.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the 2 edges pictured almost look like 40% ikes. note in picture 4, from right to left it looks like the peace dollar, a normal ike and a silver ike to the left due to the color.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Good luck on the sale. From the photos it looks like you can see three 40% Ikes and a Peace dollar - will be interesting to see if anyone bids more than melt on the visible coins plus face on this. Did you put a reserve on the auction?

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on the sale. From the photos it looks like you can see three 40% Ikes and a Peace dollar - will be interesting to see if anyone bids more than melt on the visible coins plus face on this. Did you put a reserve on the auction?

Maine_Jim

No, no reserve.

Feel free to bid!!

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Well maybe...I don't like to pay more than face for my silver!

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Already broke even, any bets what the final $ amount is?

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No idea on final $ amount. People bid some illogical amounts on ebay.

My guess on the silver count is that it is exactly what you already showed in the picture.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If you pushed all the coins together from the outside of the bag to form a roll on the inside you could just rim check to see how many silver coins are in the bag. You can easliy do this with 100 coins. Surely there are only a few or you would just open the bag up and sell them individually. Am I reading the date on that bag correctly? 2003?

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crhstreetwalker, only one way to prove yourself right or wrong _ put your $ where your mouth is and place a bid!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got out bid- ill watch it and see where it goes- why such a long auction???? Lol
I hate waiting for the end of 5-7day bids that I might want to rebid or just watch and see where they end

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread