Very promising day....

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went on a road trip and go some good stuff. One bank had a sealed bag of 100 Eisenhowers!!! From the outside I see multiple silvers including a peace dollar. Thats the first peace dollar I have ever hunted! Another bank has "Around $700 in halves in the vault." I asked if they were all from the same person and she said "No they have been accumulating over the years!!!" Only problem? They couldnt open the vault, and I have to go back next week :BangHead::BangHead:. So for the next few days thats all I am going to think about LOL.

I decided to resist the temptation of opening the Eisenhowers and decided to throw the bag on Ebay, will post a link and pics tomorrow when the listing begins if anyone is interested.

HH everyone

Joe

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the people commenting aren't going to be satisfied until I say "It's all a big scam! I set the whole thing up and put in nothing but searched Eisenhowers and a few low value silvers."

Sorry, that's not the case.

Do I have an idea of whats in the bag? Do I have eyes? Of course I have an idea of whats in there - and so does everyone that looks at the pictures. What I find preposterous and even a bit insulting is the notion that either I set the whole thing up OR the idea that I somehow looked over each coin in the bag, checking for key dates, checking for errors, checking for varieties etc. Anyone that has ever checked for 1972 type 2's knows how difficult it is to see under optimal conditions (good light, magnification) never mind through a beat up old coin-lok bag.

Was I tempted to open it up? OF COURSE. Diggin stated "Whats funny is on one of my trips to the bank, i did end up getting 13 dollars in straight wheat pennies, and was thinking of sellign them online..becuase they are truley unsearched..But who the hell would belive me..lol...I know i wouldnt if i saw them." I have been CRH for awhile and have been wanting to try this myself - we all have seen how crazy people can be buying "unsearched lots" on Ebay. I have no attachment to the Ikes, only to the cash this auction may bring in.

There really isn't anything else to say on this topic - other than the fact that I got an Ebay email today from someone asking me to end the auction and sell the bag to him for a Buy it now of $250.

On a side note, picked up $32 in Ikes at a bank this afternoon and found a 1972 type 2!!! I think it is anyways, gonna bring to my lcs Thursday for verification.

HH everyone, have a fantastic day

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because putting
Possible silvers morgans peace and errors in a sealed bag doesn't imply unsearched
Gotcha

I should have put unsearched in the title - because the coins ARE unsearched whether you want to believe so or not. Nobody knows if any varieties, errors, proofs, key dates etc etc etc are in the bag. Would you be happier if the coins were in a canvas bag and nobody could see inside? Is that the only way they would be considered unsearched in your eyes? Give it a rest.

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should have put unsearched in the title - because the coins ARE unsearched whether you want to believe so or not. Nobody knows if any varieties, errors, proofs, key dates etc etc etc are in the bag. Would you be happier if the coins were in a canvas bag and nobody could see inside? Is that the only way they would be considered unsearched in your eyes? Give it a rest.
Amen brother

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because putting
Possible silvers morgans peace and errors in a sealed bag doesn't imply unsearched
Gotcha

I stated in one of my earlier posts that yes the only "problem" I saw with his description was the mention of a morgan- everything else in order- he listed everything he saw in the bag and not once mentioned he didnt look through them, actually just the opposite- if I felt he was in any way trying to deceive anyone I wouldn't have bid and I would be saying something- like I did the craigslist thread-
But I guess to each his own especially when it comes to how we feel about other peoples integrity-
Joe id take it down and take the buy it now option for $250 im betting itll hit around $215-230 on the auction (which im sad cause its too rich for my blood)

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
It's a clear bag you can obviously see whats in there.
At most its 3-40% ikes and one possibly two peace.
Total value shouldn't be any more then 156.00 including the clad ikes.
Sad some poor sucker is going to spend 200+ for 50.00 worth of silver.
No difference between this and the "unsearched" wheat rolls on ebay with seated dime convieniently on the end

Completely disagree. Any Ike collector knows the potential value of a Type 2 Ike. It's reasonable to assume that varieties weren't checked for through the plastic, so they're bidding on guaranteed silver and the chance for numismatic value as well. Completely different than the standard "unsearched wheat rolls" on ebay.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you the best price man! I think even 250 is a fair price of the unknown...even your typical Ike catches a premium

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I find preposterous and even a bit insulting is the notion that either I set the whole thing up OR the idea that I somehow looked over each coin in the bag, checking for key dates, checking for errors, checking for varieties etc.

I stand corrected! I definitely would have checked over every silver coin prior to considering selling it on ebay. At the same time, I would have just opened the bag if I saw silver. :)

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well congrats on more than doubling your $$$
Cant ask for much better than that

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder what the feedback from the high bidder will be?

Well everyone is gonna have to wait cause the high bidder contacted me and wants to cancel the transaction. will relist.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What? Thats jacked- did you report him? You shouldve just went to the next highest and offer him the buy it now or go to that guy that offered you the $250

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What? Thats jacked- did you report him? You shouldve just went to the next highest and offer him the buy it now or go to that guy that offered you the $250

i did contact him, may just offer to next highest bidder.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may have missed it, but what do estimate the shopping cost at?

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The buyer of the 2 auctions (including the Eisenhower lot) left me a msg that she had bought them as a gift for her husband and then shortly after "got some troubling financial news" and thats when she asked to cancel the auctions.

Tough luck - but that's Ebay. Glad she didnt drag it out for a week or longer like some buyers have done in the past.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread