Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I would say, it is one of the best. It is fully automatic including turn on and turn off. I use one of there other probes which is actually a minature detector with a 6" range.

Fish Pap 1.jpg

leddel

Jun 30, 2006
connecticut
i've been using one now for about three years , and no complaints at all . it has decent depth is very well built and i have accidently dropped mine numerous times once in a very muddy pool of water , still works like new . being a pulse induction pinpointer it might "talk" to your other machine when its on but i just point the coil of the larger detector away from the unit. i'd get another in a heartbeat , good product.

Dan

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a 400 series vibra-probe years ago. Worked great! You can also silicone your Garrett to work under water. Aquachigger has a youtube vid of this. Been working for him for a long time. Think this is what I will do with my Garrett.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own a "570". If the 580 is similar, you will like it! Most like the Garrett. I don't because the Garrett makes too much noise. Noise draws kids like dead meat draws flies! TTC

tparker805

May 7, 2012
Ventura county
Detector(s) used
White's Xlt spectrum
Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would say, it is one of the best. It is fully automatic including turn on and turn off. I use one of there other probes which is actually a minature detector with a 6" range.

View attachment 652520

how is that vibra tector i really want to know...

I own a "570". If the 580 is similar, you will like it! Most like the Garrett. I don't because the Garrett makes too much noise. Noise draws kids like dead meat draws flies! TTC

yea i hear that >.<

OP
OP
kayden

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tape over the speaker will solve that problem & also will keep dirt & moister out of speaker....I love the garrett ..but its not completely waterproof...& I wanna a pointer that will go underwater & not worry about frying it

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you know about this pinpointer....I already have the garrett propointer but I would like do some serious water hunting & I need a complete waterproof pinpointer...Does anybody use this & is it any good?

ha ha i was gonna make the same post when i got on here i was just watching videos on it and said i'll go ask tnet about it and low and behold one of the first things i see is this lol

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill let you know cuz I just bought one.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kayden said:
Wow That was fast! You must have gotten the water hunting bug also!

Yes sir I have its better than the concrete ground haven't had rain in a month my last four hunts have been water hunts been finding alot of wheat cents but no silver hopefully the vibra probe helps cuz its hard scooping coins up when you cant see the bottom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread