**VIDEO** - Grandsons First CW Bullet

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
**VIDEO** - Grandsons' First CW Bullet

Last week, I had the privilege of taking two of my grandsons out on their first hunt with me. We only has a couple of hours. We were hunting a small patch of ground near the McDowell Battlefield in the Virginia Highlands. Each boy was able to leave with some "treasure" - one a horseshoe and the other an iron ring. I also found part of an old spoon that appears to date to the late 1700's. More on that later. As we were about ready to leave, I decided to take one more stroll along an old road bed and dig one more "good" signal. That last signal turned out to be a .58 caliber three-ringer. A great way to end the day and it thrilled my grandsons. Thanks for looking. Hope everyone has a blessed and safe Thanksgiving.

Attachments

• grandsons_bullet.jpg
    grandsons_bullet.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,240
  • grandsons_bullet2.jpg
    grandsons_bullet2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,253
Upvote 0
Re: **VIDEO** - Grandsons' First CW Bullet

It's great to see you getting those boys out there to dig!

DCMatt

DCMatt said:
It's great to see you getting those boys out there to dig!

DCMatt

Future relic hunters for sure!

That's what life is all about Richard and they will never forget their hunt with you. Very nice day. I hope they will continue historical pursuits with a detector and also hope it's not illegal for them to hunt for relics when trhey are 25-30. WTG guys, Quindy.

BTW-I have an article abouit taking a kid relic hunting in the next issue of North South Trader's Civil War magazine.

That is very cool! Proud moment for you I'm sure. :icon_thumright:

Wes

VOL1266-X said:
That's what life is all about Richard and they will never forget their hunt with you. Very nice day. I hope they will continue historical pursuits with a detector and also hope it's not illegal for them to hunt for relics when trhey are 25-30. WTG guys, Quindy.

BTW-I have an article abouit taking a kid relic hunting in the next issue of North South Trader's Civil War magazine.

Great! I'll be looking for it. Happy Thanksgiving!

Wes-N-VA said:
That is very cool! Proud moment for you I'm sure. :icon_thumright:

Wes

Yes it was Wes - thanks!

Another great save and video!

Getty said:
Another great save and video!

Thanks Getty.

It's a good thing those boys have a Granpa' like you to teach them huntin' and proper Southern english. :wink: Think I'll take mine for a hunt this weekend too. :thumbsup:
Happy Thanksgiving!

Nana

Nana40 said:
It's a good thing those boys have a Granpa' like you to teach them huntin' and proper Southern english. :wink: Think I'll take mine for a hunt this weekend too. :thumbsup:
Happy Thanksgiving!

Nana

Thanks Nana. Yes, we have a rule whenever any of my grandchildren stay with me. No one is allowed to say "you gize" w/out severe rebuke. It's "y'all" at Grandpa's. ;D Trust you have a nice Thanksgiving as well.

I always said i wished i started detecting when i was that age..

Nice find opening the door to the exciting world of U.S. history :hello2:

Blaze

johnnyblaze said:
I always said i wished i started detecting when i was that age..

Nice find opening the door to the exciting world of U.S. history :hello2:

Blaze

Thanks JB.

Sweet!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back