Video shows road destroyed in Yellowstone as tourists remain trapped in area

I have been to Yellowstone 7 or 8 times at least, most times it was 2 or 3 weeks, one time was just a week, stayed in Old Faithful lodge, cabins, tents, a custom van, and two different popup campers.

I have been to Yellowstone 7 or 8 times at least, stayed in Old Faithful lodge, cabins, tents, custom van, and two different popup campers.
Sweet! The thing i noticed was that in 1984, Mammoth hot springs was "fresh" and flowing so to speak. When i awas there in 2014, it was a lot browner and hardly any water flowing, it was kind of dead or dormant compared to 1984. Did you notice that?

Sweet! The thing i noticed was that in 1984, Mammoth hot springs was "fresh" and flowing so to speak. When i awas there in 2014, it was a lot browner and hardly any water flowing, it was kind of dead or dormant compared to 1984. Did you notice that?
The water flow at Mamouth Hot Springs is constantly changing some years it is high and fast other years it is low and slow, after all, it is sitting on a volcano.

From what I can recall back in the early 80's it was a good flow as it was in in /93 when we visited again.

That's some messed up road, will take a few trucks of cement and rock/fill to do up the repairs.

welp there goes millions of dollars, road looks like it was new or in better shape before the flood than when I was there last. Hope they have a speedy recovery, probably not though

looks to me they should build the road on the hills to the sides.
let the flow, flow.

no picanic baskets for yogy

Hopefully the werewolves & Bigfeet can swim.

Yellowstone National Park Closed - Evacuation Order for Guests​

Last edited:
Wow, that was something. Those folks should know they will not refund the money they paid for reservations because of that, haha!

A new video shows more of the flood, the new video talks about the NE entrance several times, in my opinion, the NE entrance is one of the prettiest. I have been in and out every exit multiple times.

I think I fished that river. My wife says I don't know when to stop fishing...

Trout Fishing.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back