Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah I agree to a point, I always post pics with my videos as well. Because sometimes I only have 5 minutes and I want to see finds but don't have time to watch the video. But I LOVE watching and MAKING videos

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree!

I don't need to see a 5 minute video of you digging that 1944 Mercury Dime. If it's something fantastic, yeah, post a vid. Either way, post the pics.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
never thought of that," POST PICTURES PLEASE" :thumbsup:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Sigh..impatient people. :icon_scratch:
You can learn a LOT from watching peoples videos,from settings,different sounds on different targets etc etc. If you have no patience then most people who make vid's usually show a "days total" at the end...just click to near the end of the vid! ::)

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like and appreciate it all! It adds a lot of bling to the hobby. Of course I'm still on my honeymoon being less than a year into it......I could see how a pro thats been in for thirty years could get bored......A video of a guy digging a dime snagged me into it.

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
You just never know what your find will be until the very end of the video, surely that's what makes it exciting.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I, for one, enjoy the videos. Hurthawk does a real good video. I will post some videos soon. I can SAY much more than I can TYPE. I can also sit back and watch a video easier than I can read the same amount of text. Nothing goes better in a post than a good narrative and that is best achieved by the author's own words spoken in the way the poster wants you to hear it. But then, a bad video can really ruin that whole image. TTC

montepollock

Jan 25, 2006
ft scott Ks
Detector(s) used
,Eagle Spectrum, Fisher1236x2,CZ5,tesoro golden
When I watch a video I would like to Know it is something I can learn from.
while it may be a thrill to watch someone find and recover a 1944 Merc using a minelab,I use Fisher and whites so it is not educational.
it would be good if They would post That info in Headline,IE 8'mercury dime found with My CZ,etrec etc.
And lets face it a lot of recovery videos are faked,or re enacted for camera.
Happy Hunting,Mont

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am amazed that anybody has the time to lug a video camera/whatever, and then plan out how to take the video, etc., and still enjoy the day. I want to find things, not film them. JMO.

DS
www.stoutstandards.com

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love the videos or the picture just hate that crappo music that overplays some of em guess thats what the volume control for ;D

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
I agree with TooManyHobbies. Sure I like to watch the vids, but let me see the pics first while I'm scanning posts and then decide whether to watch the vid. Too many times I'll pass the vids right by unless there's an interesting "grabber" in the title or post body. Add the vids, they are great, but remember the pics are important, too! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread