12.3 KB · Views: 357

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
what an incredible vacation place! fishing, cooking out on the deck of the boat...life doesn't get much better than that! :D

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is how we eat up there. Barbequed fresh-caught salmon, deep fried fresh-caught halibut, homemade mexican salad, brats, barbequed tomatos and homemade tartar sauce. Then you top it off with Alaskan Amber beer and some margaritas. (The cabin has 2 electric mixers) Then you go to bed about 1:00AM as it is still light out and get up at 4:30 to get breakfast ready and head out for another day of fishing.

Attachments

• food3.jpg
    food3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 327
  • food2.jpg
    food2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 325

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006
Beautiful view and yummy food! You could win a spot on the Food Network for "Food Presentation"

Spent 2 years in Fairbanks in the 70's. Loved every minute..

Thanks for sharing your photo

River

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
did you say rent?it will be a long drive to work so i better headout early when i move in,lol.your view sure beats this south texas oilpatch i've been livin lately.awesome you live there or just a vacation?

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. No, I don't live there. It's where the guys and I go on vacation about every other year. It's always a great trip with lots of fish. When you figure we end up paying about $44 per night, per person for the entire 2-story cabin with 2 decks and 2 fully supplied kitchens and total privacy, it's a good bargain. We love the place, the fishing, the food, the people and the fishing. I just can't understand why folks would want to go to Hawaii. ???D You can also go on floatplane trips pretty reasonably.

Attachments

• ak2.jpg
    ak2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 234
OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are small ones we caught this day but still had a great time. A guy named Russ couldn't make the trip this time so we had a little fun with him.

Attachments

• halibut.jpg
    halibut.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 235

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
what a beautiful view....Seeing the pics of that Bar-b-qued fish made me so hungry I just put out a fresh silver salmon filet! LOL

~Nash~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions