Viking stuff.

S

stefen

Yep...some nice finds...

Seems to take a pass on a lot of stuff....looks like he drops them and moves on...?

Yep

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That gilt silver item reminds me of a Saxon 6th C Clasp I found. Your is not a clasp but I think the date & origin are the same? VERY NICE!

That mount is lovely as well.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep...some nice finds...

Seems to take a pass on a lot of stuff....looks like he drops them and moves on...?

Yep

I noticed that as well! What's up with that?? Surely he does not drop and leave finds other than coins in the fields he metal detects.

MisterTell... Can you enlighten us as to what you mean "taking a pass" on items you find?

Frank

OP
OP
M

MisterTell

Dec 30, 2012
Tromso
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Xp-Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments.. I put things I find back at the ground after filming, because of work against the museum. must take gps cordinater, fill them in on the findings bags, then add found in the bag .. all findings older than 1537 have handed over the museum. same with coins older then 1650 .
Pick of the finds ... postcard_253.jpg postcard_252.jpg postcard_250.jpg

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the comments.. I put things I find back at the ground after filming, because of work against the museum. must take gps cordinater, fill them in on the findings bags, then add found in the bag .. all findings older than 1537 have handed over the museum. same with coins older then 1650.

I had a feeling that the reason that you say "I will take a pass" on certain items, had something to do with an "Antiquities Law/Act"! Thanks for clarifying this for us! Once you have recorded the GPS coordinates and turned over (handed over) the Medieval or older items to the Museum, do you ever get any of them back? I assume that they or other Museums are given the opportunity to purchase these items once they have been identified as to what they are and what time period they come from and any items that they do not want or cannot afford, is returned to you, is this correct??!!

Thanks!

Frank

OP
OP
M

MisterTell

Dec 30, 2012
Tromso
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Xp-Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, never get any items back. I'm lucky if I get a thanks mail.. coins, gold and silver I can we get reward .. but have not received anything yet, and I has submitted several hundred finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread