vintage gta 350 missing battery holders and doors any help

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
picked up a used old garrett at auction thats missing the battery holders

and doors. has the crossfire coil.

this is digital readout so should be semi modern. izzit worth tryin to fixit ?

i havent been a garrett user. about what year made ?

looks like it takes 2 longer battery packs of 4 cells each. and i guess it is held against the contacts by pressure as isee no wires or clips.

also a small crack in housing on one side. am i right to guess that this model had issues with the case cracking due to the pressure method of the battery

any suggestions on trying to rig a power supply so i could at least see if she powers up before spending money for the special holders that it probably takes. i could probably MAKE the doors.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to the Garrett's website and see if you can download a copy of the owner's manual. A lot of time, those older manuals had illustrations that you can use for a lot of details. Plus, the manual will tell you the number and size of the batteries needed. You may be able to buy replacement holders from Garrett and you can buy sheet plastic (about 9 x 10 inches, by .040 inch thick) at model hobby shops with which to make replacement doors.

Holders for multible AA batteries can be found at Radio Shack.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread