The Fabulous, Gold And Silver Seeking, Ring/Jewelry Loving Scorpion 2009 Finds..

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
allyearsrings.jpg

The season should be wrapping up soon. I sorted out most of my jewelery, and used the Scorpion for most of my land hunts. Shown are 6 x gold rings + 1 gold bracelet, along with mostly silver, stainless steel and cheaper costume jewelery.

chains.jpg

Here is some miscellaneous jewelery, also found with the Scorpion this year. Most of the chains are silver, but there are also some metal ones too. The Scorpion Bangs hard on all of these.

I run my Scorpion a little different then some of my other detectors. When I go to a site, I crank the audio up to the point where it becomes unstable, then back off one complete turn. I use the auto mode. This seems to give me my best setting for sensitivity and discrimination. I set my discrimination at the default position, about 6 1/2, sometimes near but not at 7, depending on how many pull tabs are at the site. When I get a good signal, I center the coil over the target, then set it flat on the ground and switch to all metal mode. I drag the coil towards me, and the point at which I lose the signal, is where the target is below the forward foot of the coil. Now, depending on how quick the target audio cuts off, gives me a hint whether it is a coin or canslaw. You have to wear headphones to understand this sound. I try to hunt in all metal mode, unless there is just too much junk. Then I switch over too discriminate mode, set at the previously mentioned settings. Once the Scorpion is set up properly, it is a killer on rings, both gold and silver. You get a nice audio burst on such targets. But, as with all machines, you must learn these things. The things I have mentioned, are not in the manual, but have learned through trial & error plus digging up thousands of targets, both good and bad. If you are considering getting another machine, don't overlook the Scorpion Stinger. It's not a depth killer, and easily uses good quality 9 volt batteries. But in the top 3-4 inches, it's a killer with coins and jewelery. To go deeper. I pinpoint off the center of the coil, and can easily get a signals for coins at 8 inches.

Attachments

• Scorpion Gold Stinger Controls (2).jpg
    Scorpion Gold Stinger Controls (2).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 294

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for that info John, just to let you know, you inspired me so I went out and bought a Scorpion and it's not what I expected after being used to the big guns with all the bells and whistles. It's so light and I am just getting used to it in the back yard and hopefully take it to the park for it's and myselfs maiden voyage before winter sets in. All The Best. Charlie

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thats great. Excelent finds the stinger must be a great machine! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions