Virgin ground detecting videos

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Virgin ground detecting videos - UPDATED with video 5!

Starting way back in late winter of this year I found a place where virgin ground was being exposed and the detecting was incredible. I posted a lot of those finds here, but for obvious reasons I wasn't going to post the videos to let others pirate my site. Well, after 6 months the site is once again under concrete so I have started to post to the hunt videos on youtube, but I forgot to came back and posted them here too. I am listing all the first videos here so I don't create lots of similar threads. There are still more videos coming from this site, but here are the first 4.

Last edited:
Upvote 18

2mtech

Feb 16, 2013
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FASCINATING stuff, Jason! And thanks for the great videos...made a slow work morning so much more exciting, and at least I can have vicarious success ;) Looking forward to more, more, more!!

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a great site, funny you haven't come across any competiton at the spot. I think I would have packed up a box of batteries and my tent and not come home untill it was cleaned out.
Nice job on the videos as well.
ZDD

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah , I'm with Zodiac on that point , I too would have literally camped out - and night hunted with a spelunking helmet - have fresh coffee and donuts ready for
the local police, or rent -a- cops . When you have dirt like that , LOADED with obsolete coins , that hasn't seen the light of day for 75 years or so - and it's about
to get covered with concrete or asphalt for most of another century , you have to take extraordinary measures to save these coins !!!

cahil_2

Apr 27, 2012
West. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab e-trac,
Garrett Pro pointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator 31 Digger, Minelab pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am green with envy.

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice !!!! Can't eait to see your clean up.

SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice! . And what year was the courthouse built?

laurenB

Aug 24, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
V3i, Garrett Pinpointer Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That is so cool! Very inspiring! Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Jason, excellent vids and awesome coins. Any Idea what was there before the last batch of concrete was poured? I am thinking maybe some kind of old swimming hole or amusement park.........nge

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason, just looking at all the videos & your finds. You made it look so easy. I'm like everyone else, you love to see them all together after cleaning.

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! . And what year was the courthouse built?

Jason, excellent vids and awesome coins. Any Idea what was there before the last batch of concrete was poured? I am thinking maybe some kind of old swimming hole or amusement park.........nge

This has been a public square and courthouse site since the town was founded in 1893.

Sorry, had the wrong year in there.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions