Virginia Beach detecting suggestions

no restrictions if u are hunting the beach itself

most of us local guys kinda give the paying customers the dry sand during the day.................(not all do)..........meaning we do not run all around them while they are laying on their blankets...............hunt like before 10am and after say 5 or 6 pm in the dry stuff

water and its edge.................anytime................u know of coarse low tide is better.

boardwalk starts and 1st and runs to 42nd...................beach continues on north to ft. story fence.............(long ways) around 85 or 86st. street.

come on down

Thanks for the info and suggestions. We are all staying just south of the fort in a rental house.
First time I will have a chance to detect on a beach and salt water so looking forward to
that challange with the White's DFX I have. Only been hunting a few years but the bug has
bitten.

Another cool place is Ocean View, a very old amusement park once stood there. Mind you the area has it rep for thugs, but they've cleaned up alot of the riff raff.... Almost, sorta... I hadn't been on the beach 5 min. when some druggy called down to me "Thats my watch you found" I held it up and said "20 bucks you can wear it again" Then a buddy walked up to him and I went on with my business. 2 min. more police swarmed and they busted them for a drug deal. God does answer prayers :)

I found some old 1940's coins there. Va Beach, I find alot of clad, single earrings and KEYS. You feel so badly sometimes when they're those computer chip keys, some poor soul lost a chunck of change when they lose those kind of keys.

Enjoy your stay, and be sure to catch a sunrise, breath taking.

The south end of ocean view is totally trashed in, all those condos there building.

The park area (midway, bout where granby comes in) use to be good, just watch your back if its late.

Northern end is hit and miss, not alot of beach traffic.

There are a couple local ladies that work the beach area where shore drive hangs the left and heads north, can`t remember the name of the resturant that sits there.

If you look at ocean view as u drive by on the interstate u will see a small local beach park, (its on the willowby side, between the land and the interstate) i had worked that years ago and hit alot of clad.

Two other beaches that use to produce good during the season:
Buckroe beach, but needs to be in the summer
Huntington park, right at the 17 james river bridge, now this is a park do not know any regs pertaining to it, i never had any trouble as long as i was on the beach area right next to the pier.

Theres bout 5 other beach areas over near smithfield i have heard of and want to check out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back