Vodka or Beer: Whats better for you?

jlb783

Dec 1, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Outback
Re: Vodka or Beer: What's better for you?

I say beer.
Ohh wait I'm 15 I shouldn't know this.
Ohh well :dontknow:

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Well gosh,
Beer has all the cereal groups as well as sugar and vodka is but fermented potatoes.

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin

Vodka, it mixes well with almost anything, beer only mixes well with Cheeto`s and corn flakes. :wink:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

http://www.onlinevodka.net/vodka-health

For centuries, vodka was consumed by people in almost every occasion. Its unique and incomparable flavor has attracted the alcoholics since it was first introduced hundred years ago. As we know, vodka was first used as medicine and later was adapted to consume as beverage. From medical studies, drinking vodka in appropriate amount is good for health, it gives several benefits to human body. However, over consumption of vodka can create undesirable effects. Then it is wise to learn about the benefits and risks of consuming vodka. This is the list of it.

Benefits

Vodka is healing and remedial substance. With its ability,it does a way with the weak and tired. Take a shot of vodka as a nourished drink is abl to return life force more rapid than food.
Vodka plays an important role in numerous wars as an antiseptic, diuretic, antitoxin and sedative substance for solders’ surgeries.
Vodka is diluted alcohol which is widely used as disinfectant.
Vodka can decrease high fever used externally by rubbing onto patient’s body, chest, legs or upper back.
Drinking 30-50 grams of vodka every day, can help protect atherosclerosis and improve blood circulation.
Sometimes a little vodka can help to fall asleep easily.
In the winter people may consume alcohol to stay warm.
Risks

Over consumption results in abnormal liver function.
Over consumption rises in estrogen level which may obstruct sperm development and hormone levels. Alcohol is able to damage sperm producing cells in the testicles.
Over consumption causes muscle weakness, deterioration and depression of the central nervous system.
Over consumption increases the chance of Gastric Cancer.
Some studies claim that over consumption of vodka causes lung cancer cell.

http://www.beverageanswers.com/beer/beer-and-health.html

The health benefits of moderate red wine drinking have been extensively studied. But several recent studies on beer drinking health suggest that the health benefits of beer may be the same, or even more, if consumed in moderation.

At base, of course, both contain alcohol and there is abundant evidence that it can have a variety of beneficial effects.

Alcohol consumption has been associated with higher levels of HDL cholesterol which is the good type. Drinkers also had lower levels of fibrinogen, a protein that promotes blood clots that can lead to stroke and thrombosis.

Overall, several studies, such as one undertaken at the Institute of Epidemiology at the University of Muenster, suggest moderate beer drinking helps reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.

Alcohol lowers insulin levels, which aids in reducing the risk of atherosclerosis, or hardening of the arteries.

But the benefits, according to varied studies, derive from more than just the alcohol. A Dutch study from the TNO Nutrition and Food Research Institute found a 30% increase in vitamin B6 among beer drinkers. Red wine and gin drinkers gained only half the increase.

In the July 2001 issue of the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, a study attributed the healthful effects of beer drinking to its folate levels. Folates are thought to help combat cardiovascular disease.

A study undertaken at Harvard, published in the New England Journal of Medicine in 2001 concluded that moderate consumption helped preserve the mental abilities of older women.

A recent study at Tufts University suggests that beer consumption, whether light or dark, can protect bone mineral density. Thinning of the leg bones is often a problem for the elderly.

Health Risks from Beer
But what about the potential health risks from beer. Researchers are unanimous that pregnant or nursing women should not drink alcohol, since it can lead to Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Alcohol can pass through the umbilical cord and through breast milk and affect the brain.

Weight gain can be an issue. Beer has no fat, but alcohol and the residual sugars in beer do contain calories. A glass of beer contains between 150-450 calories, depending on size and type. But that amount is lower by volume than apple juice or a similar glass of red wine.

The key, again, is moderation. Excessive drinking has long been known to cause liver damage, and can stress kidneys.

Beer has no caffeine but studies show that moderate coffee drinking helps alertness, a benefit at work and in driving. Heavy drinking obviously leads to less mental acuity and can increase the risk of traffic accidents as well as those around the home.

Amount is everything. Moderate consumption can be relaxing, reducing stress, a factor in several health issues. Excess drinking leads to drawbacks that outweigh the benefits.

Benefits derive from the alcohol, moderate amounts of B vitamins, helpful amounts of magnesium and selenium and other components. And beer is 90% water, which along with the alcohol helps flush kidneys. The brewing process and the alcohol also help kill bacteria in the water.

Naturally, no single article or study should be taken as definitive. But, limited to one to two 12-oz glasses per day, most studies suggest the benefits far outweigh the risks.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

well they say to stick with a limit of 2 drinks a day for "good" health --beer has certain benifeits as does vodka * --however both are bad in excess (as is all booze of any sort) ---so why not 1 beer with 1 shot of vodka in it drank daily (a good old fashioned "boiler maker" -- that way you get best benefits of both)and if you switch it up every other day with a couple glasses of red wine -- your good to go , all the good benifeits without the bad effects.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's better for you if I drink beer. Went on a vodka-drinking liberty one night in Yokosuka, Japan. It wasn't a pretty sight. Ended up on a rape & pillage mission. ;D

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other

"Everything in moderation".
I like that.
I try to only blow up 1 or 2 cows per year, never more than 3 or 4.
Car crashes - the same, don't want to push my luck (except on leap years and NEVER with anyone else involved).
As far as work goes, well, I have been too moderate there, gotta get busy. ;D

Grey

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

Gotta be vodka, as I don't drink it. Now beer on the other hand, I rent it frequently. :laughing9:

S

stefen

Both in moderation...

Don't know actually what the moderate level is though...

So I keep asperamennntin hic.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Vodka will have less chance of a hangover, if you plan to drink enough of either to cause a hangover. Good, filtered vodka. Whiskey and Scotch are the worst.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Hangovers

Talked to my son today.
He is getting ready to go back to Iraq for the 3rd time.
(Wish he would get frequent flier miles)
His latest training was to put in IVs to each other.
That's where you poke the needle into the blood vein and have the plastic bag
full of blood going into there to replace what is leaking out. Maybe it's plasma.
They actually did that to each other in training.
He said that to cure a hangover an IV with water was best.
I had always heard pure oxygen worked best.
Any comments?

Grey

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
Re: Hangovers

greydigger said:
Talked to my son today.
He is getting ready to go back to Iraq for the 3rd time.
(Wish he would get frequent flier miles)
His latest training was to put in IVs to each other.
That's where you poke the needle into the blood vein and have the plastic bag
full of blood going into there to replace what is leaking out. Maybe it's plasma.
They actually did that to each other in training.
He said that to cure a hangover an IV with water was best.
I had always heard pure oxygen worked best.
Any comments?

Grey

The IV trick works!!!!

John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions