Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: WARNING 'Twitter" Virus

Yeah, I got it too... but as it is with all junk mail *delete*

There must be some very gullible people out there who keep falling for this crap. If there were no more people ever opening this garbage, then creepy people would stop sending it.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

weird.. maybe you should change your email?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

K*E*L*L*Y said:
weird.. maybe you should change your email?

I've had the same email address since 1986. I'm not going to change something so iconic in my life because of some spam. Norton kills it all, what I don't delete anyhow.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was just alerted this morning that some chic was "following" me on Twitter... and I checked her profile, and she has a Tiny URL link to another site. Seriously?! Can we not say "a virus"???

It's really stupid, and I'm probably going to just go ahead and rid myself of Twitter, since I don't hardly use it anyway.
I have Facebook, and that's all I need (and without the virus attempts)

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Yea but was she HOT ... :blob8: ... ;D

No, not really. :-\

Bran <><

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the "heads-up" , Jeff .
I have not seen it ....yet , but , I live just 12 miles from Wiscasset !

I don't do twitter . I sometimes do " twitter search" - to see what is in the local news .

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

I don't know why they have not just come up with a "return to sender" option for emails. I wonder how quickly all these spammers inboxes would fill up then? I might even return the same email several times HEHEHE :sign10:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

savant365 said:
I don't know why they have not just come up with a "return to sender" option for emails. I wonder how quickly all these spammers inboxes would fill up then? I might even return the same email several times HEHEHE :sign10:

There used to be a website called Bluefrog.com, and they provided that exact services for free. My spam stopped completely after I signed up with them! They apparently spammed those servers back, shutting them down all the time. But then I saw them in the news about a month or so later, saying that hackers from all over the world put them in their sights and crashed their servers. They threatened that there would be a HUGE online battle if they didn't shut down their services... so BlueFrog caved, and the spam came back online, and in full force! I hate those spammers! >:(

Bran <><

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good

What's Twitter?

Guess I'm gettin' old.
Still have a rotary dial phone and regularly use the post office since the Wells Fargo wagon doesn't come around anymore.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

godisnum1 said:
savant365 said:

There used to be a website called Bluefrog.com, and they provided that exact services for free. My spam stopped completely after I signed up with them! They apparently spammed those servers back, shutting them down all the time. But then I saw them in the news about a month or so later, saying that hackers from all over the world put them in their sights and crashed their servers. They threatened that there would be a HUGE online battle if they didn't shut down their services... so BlueFrog caved, and the spam came back online, and in full force! I hate those spammers! >:(

Bran <><

My Spam Filter Through Comcast
has a 99.99999% success rate.

it all goes into a spam box i can check whenever.

no annoying you got mail type notices for a spam message

but for some reason these virus attempts
come right through to my regular mail.

maybe because they come through an
infected home computers (Stolen) email list.

I'v gotten 5 from Hallmark
one from Twitter (All from Maine)

& One Nigerian Scam in the last month.

those are the Only ones that I Remember getting through
since I set up My spam account a few years ago

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread