Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both great machines. I've owed both & both work awesome. I prefer the MXT Pro (I think :)) You should have success not matter what you choose.
Good luck!

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive owned both and yes both very very nice.. im more of an mxtpro guy myself.. you may wanna check out the mx5.. its an mxtpro turned fully digital and put in a more weather resistant package and its lighter.. im really enjoying mine..very deep and super fast recovery .. it used all of the coils the v3i,vx3,mxtpro use

gregg5150

Jan 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I only had the choice of either the MXT Pro or VX3 I would prob go with the MXT Pro. IMHO i think in the end it is a little more versatile. Especially if you get into trashy homestead sites and ghost towns with a smaller coil ( eclipse 5.3 or the round 5" excelerator coil) it does a really great job. Its a tough decision, I guess I would base it on the type of hunting I will be doing the most of. If its parks, wide open areas etc etc and trash and targets are somewhat sparse, then the VX3 is a good choice. I believe that I can get better depth out of my VX3. But in the end if I was allowed only one machine it would have to be the MXT Pro.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The VX3 is the better machine, 3 frequencies and better in mineralized ground. You can switch to single frequencies to dig deeper and minimize EMI.

Better at IDing trash, with the spectograph and all; I just don't see any way the MXT is better.

ingram4868

Jan 16, 2014
Sparks, NV
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's Coinmaster, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Garrett-Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you finally decide on a unit? If you have made your purchase, please share what helped make your final choice.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Old thread ... But the mxt is one of the best detectors whites ever made....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread