OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
UnderC:
How come it's OK for the Media, to not only mention, but to have a series of, several daily & weekly shows...
About Combat experiences! :-\
Right Now!
The Shows of "Over There" and "Tour of Duty"
Depict the daily happenings in Iraq !
AND!
If you check what units that are being depicted...
Guess what!
You find that one of the shows is about the Very Same Unit, 3/7, that I served with in Vietnam !
SO!
Riddle me this... :D
How come it's OK? for them to talk ALL! about & Show it in detail, ... ???
But! NOT! For ME to DO SO?

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
underc said:
Nothing more...I hope.? Vietnam is over...we lost (or didn't you get the memo).? Get over it!? Let's get back to cache hunting!? We Veterans are very proud of our achievements, but we are not quite so LOUD.? It's no wonder you got popped.? That first post was like leaning into a punch.? You deserved the attention you got.

Semper Fi

I missed that memo... Where has it ever said we lost the Vietnam conflict? This country might have taken a black eye and a few sucker punches to the groin, but we did not lose. We had a tactical retreat, which is alot different than "losing" as you put it. I have taken around 5 different history classes in college, and even those nut job left wing hippie instructors have never made a claim so bold.
Thats what I absolutely hate about west coast hippies. We lost Vietnam... We should have let Hitler win.... We should have just let the English have their way with us.... We shouldn't be over in Iraq trying to bring peace to an entire country.... So what if you think the reasons are blurred. There are our own countrymen now as back then dying to protect freedoms that you and the rest of the hippies have taken for granted for so long. You people gave our troops hard enough times when they came back from Vietnam. Heroes that gave everything to protect their friends, and do what they feel was right, and they got spit on and called baby killers when they come home to their native soils. My grandfather was a decorated war hero in vietnam. Silver Star, Bronze Star with clusters, and Purple Heart with Clusters. He is my own personal hero, and someone I tried to model my entire military career. I've served in the Marine Corps and the Navy, and I am currently considering going back into the Army. So please, lay off the leftie views. We didn't lose a war, we retreated from a conflict.

And captbil, as I said before, you get upset when someone even somewhat confronts you, as anyone can tell in ANY of your retalitary replies.
I have a solution for you though. Contact the local FBI office, since they already know what you have found, offer to draw them a map for a finders fee. That way you get some cash to continue your other ventures, and the government gets their weapons back, or takes dangerous weapons out of reach of the criminals who intended on using them. The longer you sit on it, the better the chances are that these weapons might be used in the murder of innocents.
Oh, and one other thing captbil. If the federal employees do not show their badges indicating they are indeed government representitives would be about the only reason you could start murdering them, and you know as well as I do they will indicate who they are well in advance.

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cptbil said:
L.V. Bob:
There's another thing that I don't do!
I don't exaggerate !
I have been on this and the old Forum for a little over two+ yrs!
AND!
The 176,378 "Posts"
:P Other than THIS ONE! TIME , that I mentioned !
The "MOLE!"
Since when is? ? ONE TIME!?
AS you say,
quote,? ? "If this site is a "mole" infested cesspool of informants, etc." ? ? unquote !

Never said you did exaggerate.?

And the question is still the same.?

But lets put it this way. So I don't exaggerate.

If there is or was even the silghtest, tinyest, little itty bitty, teeny weeny, hint of a mole on this forum, which you did in fact say there was.

Why would you keep posting that you wanted people to help you dig up this cache "before the feds beat you to it" and in turn get those people, your fellow THer's, involved with the feds as well??

It's a simple question Bill.? ?You can answer it Right?

bigticket

Nov 9, 2005
Changing the subject for a moment, one thing that I like about this site is that red lettering. On a lot of sites (not necessarily about treasure hunting), they lynch you just for using capital letters.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
LOL, IT MAKES IT LOOK LIKE YOU ARE SHOUTING!!!

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Don't use them! ::)
There are some peple on this Forum who'll "jump up and down" :-\ on you for using them?
I can't for the life on me see why!
:) Just have nothing else to do I reckon? :-\

suwannee pirate

Feb 12, 2006
Lake City FL
Detector(s) used
excalibur,garrett,micropulse
Finding an old colt pistol or an old sword is one thing, running across stash of weapon like we are discussing here is something else.That is big time bad guy stuff ,even more so if close to the border.If I found something like that I feel it is my obligation to get it in the right hands to keep it off the street. I belive that all full auto weapons that are in civilian hands should be registered , its a 300 dollar stamp tax and there are a lot of them issued .Another thing,If someone has access to that kind of weaponry the area could well be mined or bobbytraped-big boom -end of story.I don't doubt anything that Captain Bill has said here, and I belive he can take care of himself ,but there are a lot of us out here that don't want to have to worry about a bunch of wackos on our turf with any kind of weapon let alone ones that are full rock and roll.Treasure hunting is a great hobby,getting shot aint no fun and thats what that type of weapon is for shooting PEOPLE like you and me and our kids .Play Smart

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
grizzly bare said:
cryptodave,
Man I do not want to start an argument, but I was in VietNam from 69 until we bugged out leaving some mighty good people with no support and nowhere to hide. We didn't retreat WE GOT OUR COLLECTIVE ASSES KICKED. You're absolutely correct about the name-calling and vilification we took upon our return "home". I asked a couple of buddies to put in a good word for me and was lucky enough to get into The University of Virginia. I didn't have much money. so I wore what I had...and a lot of what I had was BDU and camo. A professor in a History of Warfare class liked to get me heated talking about the way we ran from the enemy. But he was right. If I looked hard enough I could round up a couple or three of medals that I was awarded. Somewhere around here is a notice from McNamara and the Army Board that I was made an officer in the US Army. So you missed the "memo" our friends in South VietNam didn't miss it.

grizzly bare

Grizzly Bare, although i disagree with you, I will defend your right to say it to the death. ;D

Look, I don't mind if a vet feels that way, nor other people, what gets my blood boiling is when someone makes remarks like a smart @ss with the we lost, didn't you get the memo remark. People like you and my grandfather are a dying breed, much like the WWII vets. To me, anyone that served in the military in a war or armed conflict is a hero of this country, and deserve a little more respect than that.

And captbil, I again think your best course of action is to request a finders fee. I believe your entitled to a precentage of the net worth of the find. That way you can keep looking for the lost city of gold or whatever else you guys out in the west look for, and have some extra cash to play with. Just my opinion.

underc

Dec 13, 2005
Edgewood, WA
After all of the name calling and perceived notion of who I am and what my contributions were, not to mention the blatant characterization of Left Wing views... I will try to respond without prejudice or malice.

Cptbil,

How come it's OK for the Media, to not only mention, but to have a series
of several daily & weekly shows...
About Combat experiences!

There is nothing wrong with your reliving your combat experience and your contribution to this great Nation, but? I signed up and enjoy this forum for Treasure Hunting and I cannot for the life of me make the connection between your Combat experience and Treasure Hunting.

Cryptodave,

?We had a tactical retreat? C?mon Dave, you sound like a politician?you say tomato? A tactical retreat is something you do to regroup, re-supply, and reacquire the Enemy, not walk out on your shipmates to let them fend for themselves. The grunts on the ground would have stayed and fought if allowed, but don?t dress it up and call it something it wasn?t. It was still a loss. If the Enemy didn?t surrender, we didn?t occupy the country to rebuild it, and did not establish a Democracy in our wake? we came in second place.

?Thats what I absolutely hate about west coast hippies.? Geez, this is a new century, Dave, try to keep up. I prefer tree-hugger.

?There are our own countrymen now as back then dying to protect freedoms that you and the rest of the hippies have taken for granted for so long.?

Don?t lecture without a knowledge base, Dave. I did my time in a Submarine fighting the Cold War while your Grandfather was doing what Marines do best?Kicking @ss. I have my Jimmy Carter PUC and Expeditionary (the first PUC from the most highly decorated Naval vessel in the history of the Navy) and all of the other medals and decorations that go with fighting a Silent War that wasn?t on the news. We did our job without the bells and whistles silently, knowing we were protecting our Great Nation. Try reading Blind Mans Bluff and remind me again what I have taken for granted?

My Employer (BIG Company) has chosen to honor me with a Guardian of Freedom award the last 2 years running with a banquet and ceremony next door to the White House for my personal contributions to the War on Global Terrorism. I was presented with a Flag that was flown over the Capital in my name and the whole works. I got your 6, Dave, and I will do it in the background without the news even if you hate me, which doesn?t really matter to me. I go over there regularly, Dave, but you?ll never see me. Try comforting my Wife and Girls, Mother, Sisters and all my friends when they don?t know where I am, don?t know what I do for a living, don?t know when I?m coming back, or if I?m coming back.

?remarks like a smart @ss with the we lost, didn't you get the memo remark.?

I?ve earned the right!

Can we get back to Treasure Hunting?

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
underc, You don't post very often, but I'm glad you responded.

underc

Dec 13, 2005
Edgewood, WA
bigcypresshunter,

Thanks. I really enjoy the site. I am out of touch for periods of time, but enjoy catching up. The thrill is the hunt and the find is the bonus.

Take care,

underc

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Underc,

"Can we get back to Treasure Hunting?"

By all means, please. Sorry if I got up on my soapbox, I get that way. I'm a fence stradler when it comes to politics, but a hardcore right winger when it comes to the military. Plus I grew up in the south, raised with east coast views and disdain for the west coast, and currently live in the bible belt, so it just spews out every now and then.

Oh, and by the way, Cryptodave is a play on what I did in my tour with the Navy, so I know all about the secret side... Never got my sub-warfare pin, mostly because of my total fear of being put into a metal tube and sunken underwater, but also because while I was in, my rate wasn't allowed on subs.... supposedly....

underc

Dec 13, 2005
Edgewood, WA
Cryptodave,

We will all move on, gracefully, now that our hackles are back down where they belong. I was a Sonarman (STS1 SS/DV) while I was in and my career path, until recently, has been associated with SONAR. I have my own side scan SONAR and am waiting to get a chance to get to some of the dammed rivers (they call em "lakes"). Here's a thought...how many caches do you think may be in those lakes where the houses were burned down or bulldozed in preparation for building a dam and flooding the area? My guess is that there must be a bunch of these where ever there is a man made lake created by a dam. The problem is in the detection. It would be sub-bottom, but would almost always be near an old foundation. This is probably the wrong forum for this, but a cache is a cache, right? You are right...CT's weren't ever on Subs ;).

Underc

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
To answer your question, there are probably hundreds of small caches that are buried beneath these man made lakes. Growing up in Kentucky there was a lake near my house. It was man made back in the 40s I believe. If you have a good enough depth finder, you can still see the structures of houses that were in the valley before they flooded it. Of course, there are legends surrounding those houses and such about old geezers that had millions that were never accounted for, but I usually don't pay attention to those. I think the true treasures are the small caches of silver that people horded because of the depression.

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Cryptodave:
I have already talked to the ATF about this cache!
They are not interested in paying any "Finder Fees" or "Percentage of the find"! :-\
Next suggestion? :-[

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Captbil,

Personally, I wouldn't deal with ATF. They are very hard to deal with, and straight line by the books. I'm sure their response was something to the effects that it belongs to us, give us the location and we won't arrest you, or something along that lines.
I guess the only recourse would be contact a law firm, or one of the free legal advice websites on the net. See what the legal side of the situation is. I think you are entitled to some kind of reward... I don't see how a cache of weapons as large as you described can be lost in the first place... Which brings around a question which I might have said before. What if the cache is not "lost" in the traditional term... Either placed there by the government (which doesn't seem likely, since they seem to not know the whereabouts of it), or some kind of terrorist or activist group, or drug group. Now, if it is indeed a drug or terrorist group, I think that you would be entitled to a reward for taking the weapons off the "street". I seem to really be leaning on a drug group, or possibly a "dirty" military officer who is trying to make themself a nice little nest egg.

About the cache... What kind of shape are they in? How long does it look like they have been there? Any signs of recent activity or movement of the items? What type of weapons are you talking about (M16 A1s or 2s, AKs, any ammo involved)? You can private message me the details if it makes you feel more comfortable. I have a good friend that is a retired NC state trooper, a brother mason, and he has some very good contacts. Maybe he can give me a better answer for you. He helps me with alot of my "permission" issues here, and is somewhat of a TH'er himself.

Another thing I might recommend is getting in there and doing a quick inventory of the items, then following up a few weeks or a month later... See if the cache is in use. Be careful, because if you are dealing with the groups I feel like are responsible, they could be angry if they find you messing with their gear.

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill I was just cruising the forms the other day and just happened to find a post submitted by you dated Feb 04 2005 titled "Modern Relics" where you described a cache of world war 2 weapons that you knew of in Texas? You were recruiting help to dig them up at that time.

Is this the same cache you were referring to in that post ?

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Rob Mitch said:
grizzly bare said:
cryptodave,
Man I do not want to start an argument, but I was in VietNam from 69 until we bugged out leaving some mighty good people with no support and nowhere to hide. We didn't retreat WE GOT OUR COLLECTIVE ASSES KICKED. You're absolutely correct about the name-calling and vilification we took upon our return "home". I asked a couple of buddies to put in a good word for me and was lucky enough to get into The University of Virginia. I didn't have much money. so I wore what I had...and a lot of what I had was BDU and camo. A professor in a History of Warfare class liked to get me heated talking about the way we ran from the enemy. But he was right. If I looked hard enough I could round up a couple or three of medals that I was awarded. Somewhere around here is a notice from McNamara and the Army Board that I was made an officer in the US Army. So you missed the "memo" our friends in South VietNam didn't miss it.

grizzly bare

I am brand new here and maybe I shouldn't say this but, Grizzly Bare, too many things in your post here just do not ring true. I think maybe you've watched too much TV and are a wannabe. You just make us veterans that were there look bad and we don't like it. (I was there in 69-71) Anyone that hasn't caught his mistakes yet, just check his profile and look at his age, figure his year of birth, and then his age in 1969 . I won't point out his other mistakes because all of us that were there already see them.

First off, with only one post, you are obviously a troll, or a secondary account set up by someone who wanted to start a beef. Look, Grizzly bare and I may disagree about politics and military, but I would never accuse him of not doing what he said he has done. I don't know who you are, or what you do, but I will tell you this. You treat veterans with the respect they DESERVE until proven otherwise. If you had a question with his comments, especially private ones, then you should take that up via personal messages with the person in question.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
cryptodave, I am not going to accuse anybody of anything. You say you are good with numbers. It does look funny (when looking at his stated age) to be a French interperter and an officer at age 14 or 15 in 1969. I am sure there is a good explanation for this mix-up. He probably was or is mistaken about his age. I sometimes forget how old I am myself. ;D ;)

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[=bigcypresshunter
He probably was or is mistaken about his age. I sometimes forget how old I am myself. ;D ;)

A) Heck bigun, I am listed as being 182, which I am, having been with Teddy at San Juan Hill in cuba.

Hey, that was a good one, lots of booze, beautiful broads, huge tropical moon and ----.sigh, not like Guadalcanal where all I ever saw were hairy butted gyrenes and swabbies sigh.

Cuba, sigh, ooo la la, mon Cheries, wowie, lindas muchachas.

Picture of me about 4 years ago , the good life does agree with one, sigh.

p.s. They must have been sleeping, or subtly checking the girls in history class, to not know that it was formerly known as "FRENCH Indo China"

Till Eulendpiegle

Attachments

• before surgery, mouth full of fresh corn and la Poop.jpg
    before surgery, mouth full of fresh corn and la Poop.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 1,524
  • before surgery, mouth full of fresh corn and la Poop.jpg
    before surgery, mouth full of fresh corn and la Poop.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 1,525

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread