Waders or wet suit ?

geckokid

Aug 4, 2007
Delaware, USA
Detector(s) used
Eldorado
chipveres said:
If you are not easily embarassed, a pair of ladies nylon panties keep the family jewels contained while changing in and out. Easily embarassed, men's Speedo bathing suit does the same thing for ten times the price.

Chip V.
NO WAY WILL I EVER wear Ladies nylon panties, I would rather wear Regular Underwear Breifs or Speedos would suite me just fine!

geckokid

Aug 4, 2007
Delaware, USA
Detector(s) used
Eldorado
How long is that cold shock when first going in the water?? And how cold of water can you go in with out going into hypothermia??

xenaskm

Oct 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Silver, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Hi,

I read about the danger of waders in the surf, but I'm thinking of using them since I have no intention of going past my knees. Unless I get knocked down it shouldn't be a problem, I think. Right now I'm just using rainboots so I don't have to run when waves come up higher than the water line. It's too cold here in NY to think about going in any further for now. Maybe a two piece wet suit would be a better idea. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sue

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur , Explorer 2 ,Soverign elite,
I use neoprene waders. They fit tight and work pretty well. As far as water getting inside what i do is i bought a body gear shirt after putting on my long johns and an extra insulated shirt i put the waders on then the body shirt over the waders it is very thin it is not completely waterproof but it goes over my waders and keeps the water out. It also helps keep the sting of the water from being cold on your body. I also use bemac trappers gloves first i put on a pair of latex gloves then the trappers gloves. I can usually last between 2 and 3 hours in the water and it gets cold here up north. I hunt all winter like this.
Works for me
HH
LT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread