Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
September 14th is the date for the Walk To End Alzheimer’s Disease held in Bloomington. My wife has this disease, so I have done the walk for the past 5 years, so I’ll be walking instead of highbanking.http://act.alz.org/goto/jimmydolittle

My mother passed away in December with this terrible disease at 92. Robbed the last 10 years of her life. Enjoy the time you have with your wife.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Jimmy

Prayers go out to and your wife and let's hope science can cure this deadly killer.

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not a Doctor. I have lost family to this killer. You might research the benefits of coconut oil. Some really positive results are being reported. I just searched google for coconut oil/Alzheimer's.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rashi-Parmer-with-her-parents-Vrajlal-and-Taramati-1842964.jpg

The use of coconut oil

Standing outside the register office in her wedding dress, nervous bride Rashi Parmar turned to her dad for reassurance.

But the man who was about to walk her down the aisle stared blankly back at her. He had no clue he was at a wedding, no idea he was father of the bride.

Dad-of-three Vrajlal Parmar, 68, was diagnosed with the late stages of Alzheimer’s in 2007.

By the next year he no longer recognised Rashi, 38.

Yet miraculously, just two years after her wedding day, Vrajlal knows who she is again.

Rashi believes it’s due to the daily dose of coconut oil he takes to treat his illness because doctors say his condition is too advanced for conventional drugs.

“I lost my dad to Alzheimer’s five years ago and I thought I would never get him back,” said Rashi. “But somehow I have, and it’s the most amazing thing.

“He missed my wedding because I was a stranger to him. Then three months ago he suddenly started asking for me again and recognising me.”

As a little girl, Rashi and her factory worker dad were close. “He was the kindest, funniest man and I thought the world of him,” she recalled.

But in 2007 Vrajlal, who lives with his wife Taramati, 64, in Harrow, Middlesex, began to behave strangely. Within a year he could barely do anything for himself. The real blow came when he no longer recognised his own daughter.

Desperate for a cure, Rashi’s brother Kal, 31, found a YouTube video posted by a doctor in Florida who was treating her husband’s Alzheimer’s with coconut oil. They decided to try it on Vrajlal, who now takes six tablespoons a day.

“Within a month his mood completely changed,” said Rashi. “He became calmer and relaxed. He started shaving, then bathing on his own. Then one day he gave me a hug and said my name. It was the most emotional moment.”

The family are now campaigning for a full medical trial into the benefits of coconut oil, which is believed to encourage the body to produce organic matter to provide an energy source for brain cells. The Alzheimer’s Society said: “We don’t yet have any strong scientific evidence to back up claims coconut oil has benefits.”

But Kal, who is making a film about his father’s story, says: “We’re certain this has helped Dad, so I know it can help others.”

OP
OP
Jimmydolittle

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My mother passed away in December with this terrible disease at 92. Robbed the last 10 years of her life. Enjoy the time you have with your wife.
Sorry for your loss.
My wife has had it for about 7 tears now, and she has been in a nursing home for the past 3. I was just unable to keep her at home any longer. Sad thing is she is only 69 years old. It got her early. Thanks for the support guys and gals.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss.
My wife has had it for about 7 tears now, and she has been in a nursing home for the past 3. I was just unable to keep her at home any longer. Sad thing is she is only 69 years old. It got her early. Thanks for the support guys and gals.
Bump for uncle. Hope it helps. :sadsmiley:

OP
OP
Jimmydolittle

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Keith, thanks you for this article. I use coconut oil for all my cooking.
View attachment 846442

The use of coconut oil

Standing outside the register office in her wedding dress, nervous bride Rashi Parmar turned to her dad for reassurance.

But the man who was about to walk her down the aisle stared blankly back at her. He had no clue he was at a wedding, no idea he was father of the bride.

Dad-of-three Vrajlal Parmar, 68, was diagnosed with the late stages of Alzheimer’s in 2007.

By the next year he no longer recognised Rashi, 38.

Yet miraculously, just two years after her wedding day, Vrajlal knows who she is again.

Rashi believes it’s due to the daily dose of coconut oil he takes to treat his illness because doctors say his condition is too advanced for conventional drugs.

“I lost my dad to Alzheimer’s five years ago and I thought I would never get him back,” said Rashi. “But somehow I have, and it’s the most amazing thing.

“He missed my wedding because I was a stranger to him. Then three months ago he suddenly started asking for me again and recognising me.”

As a little girl, Rashi and her factory worker dad were close. “He was the kindest, funniest man and I thought the world of him,” she recalled.

But in 2007 Vrajlal, who lives with his wife Taramati, 64, in Harrow, Middlesex, began to behave strangely. Within a year he could barely do anything for himself. The real blow came when he no longer recognised his own daughter.

Desperate for a cure, Rashi’s brother Kal, 31, found a YouTube video posted by a doctor in Florida who was treating her husband’s Alzheimer’s with coconut oil. They decided to try it on Vrajlal, who now takes six tablespoons a day.

“Within a month his mood completely changed,” said Rashi. “He became calmer and relaxed. He started shaving, then bathing on his own. Then one day he gave me a hug and said my name. It was the most emotional moment.”

The family are now campaigning for a full medical trial into the benefits of coconut oil, which is believed to encourage the body to produce organic matter to provide an energy source for brain cells. The Alzheimer’s Society said: “We don’t yet have any strong scientific evidence to back up claims coconut oil has benefits.”

But Kal, who is making a film about his father’s story, says: “We’re certain this has helped Dad, so I know it can help others.”

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Shared it on my Facebook page and made a small donation, good luck Jim. It's a very honorable cause and I commend you for your charity work.

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bump to help Jim raise last 75 bucks to reach his goal. Few days left

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread