FOREST FIRE: 17 NE Foresthill, CA

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another result of powerful brain-dead do gooders. Chase the loggers off who used to pay for schools and other gov't revenue - now using gov't money to
fight huge fires and do millions in restoration. Brilliant.

Back to topic: - I looked at fire map, then switched to google e. and saw a photo of miners shack right in burn area - hope it survives.

BTW: - we are choking on the smoke in Reno. Got a lot of smoke from the Aspen fire (east of Fresno) two weeks ago. And just
halfway thru fire season.

Last edited:

NorCalMining

Greenie
Jul 29, 2013
Bad part is that everyone in that area says they have a claim even through the river and they will raise Hell, decent gold though if you can find a space away from any of those people

goldchaser3

Jun 21, 2010
I just did a web search and there was a fire near here July 12 of last year. It looks like this fire is centered 10 miles NE of Foresthill, and is reported as being on both sides of the middle fork of the American River.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Still dealing with the Aspen Fire, 7/22/13, still burning itself out. Last count, 5days ago, 22500 acres burned, overer 28 million spent. They will be up there for another month, over 6 million trees gone, millions of tons of particulate matter put into the air, quite a plan these greenies have.

1016994_213987398767497_832663555_n.jpg

Thanks Vin:thumbsup:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
At least they can't blame the dredgers for all the sediment that will come down.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
ya just gotta thank them wacoenviromentalists for keeping our forests safe.i think they need a picture of this fire sent to each and everyone of them,so that next time they might reconsider what they do!

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The NF MF American River from the Last chance Bridge All the way to Eldorado creek is the Comstock prospecting club. I believe that is where the fire is Burning. Grouse creek area. I rarely encounter people on that river

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last update the fire is being held on the west at Deadwood rd. and on the east it is burning into the end of last chance rd.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well growing up in S. Calif I saw some major fires over the years. I'm just glad this isn't happening during the Santa Anna winds! If it was it could burn all the way to the coast thanks to the greenies!!! When are those people going to learn that Mother Nature and a good chainsaw are MUCH better planners than they are? Trees can be harvested and replanted. Once a person is "Harvested" there's no coming back except as "Soylent Green". I wonder how many fire fighters and civilians are going to have to be killed by fires because the Greenies couldn't leave things alone.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
A good rain year, will make that area very productive, because millions of yards of material will be washed into the rivers and streams. These wacos are doing to the ecosytem what they say they are preventing. Tragic

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This big ole ball of dirt we live on has hit the reset button. My advice on the whole global warming is this: Buy some extreme cold weather gear.

A lot of this is based on the UN Agenda 21 proposal. The sad part of this is the dumbarsed eco don't realize that if they get what they want, i.e., all of us forced into large cities, that they will have no voice either.

If this would happened, there will be a large ring of "natural areas" surrounding those cities to give the appearance of "saving the environment", and the rest would be logged, mined, and generally just destroyed for one simple fact.

In order to build those "super cities", we need minerals and the like. Guess where they come from?

And add into this the fact that there is just too damn much money involved and we get exactly what I say here.

Last edited:

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can't wait till this fire is over so I can go down their and play in the aftermath.. Plus the smoke is starting to take its toll on my hiking!!

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
This is what it was like a couple miles down stream from this fire...

Attachments

• IMG_1938.JPG
    IMG_1938.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_1939.JPG
    IMG_1939.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_1944.JPG
    IMG_1944.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_1947.JPG
    IMG_1947.JPG