Walked into TD Bank, to dump 500$ in halves

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
and I was greeted by this at Penny Arcade...
IMG_5205.JPG
My first Barber Dime! a 1909S. I :walk: out with 500$ in 100s, 1954 rosie with about 1$ in change, and what you see in the picture. Sadly, when i went to pick up two boxes of dimes at another branch, the boxes were all BU coins...

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! So far all I've managed at their machines is some foreigns in the reject tray and stuck to the magnet, a bunch of paper clips, a watch battery, a magnetic tee marker, and about $10-$12 in clad in the reject tube itself.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! So far all I've managed at their machines is some foreigns in the reject tray and stuck to the magnet, a bunch of paper clips, a watch battery, a magnetic tee marker, and about $10-$12 in clad in the reject tube itself.

Gotta keep checking! Lol. This branch of td, every time I go I find silver in the bin,tube or counter top... I love it so much that I want to work for them, or camp out just stalking the machine.

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Gotta keep checking! Lol. This branch of td, every time I go I find silver in the bin,tube or counter top... I love it so much that I want to work for them, or camp out just stalking the machine.

What kind of ethnic mix do you have in the immediately area there? I've found certain neighborhood demographics consistently result in more "freebies" from the locals than others.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice better date. Too bad it's not in better shape or it would be worth quite a bit more. Great find still the same! Congrats.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What kind of ethnic mix do you have in the immediately area there? I've found certain neighborhood demographics consistently result in more "freebies" from the locals than others.

The neighborhood where that branch is in, has a mix of Chinese, Jewish, and I believe Italian. The branch is located in a mainly residential area, so that is why very time I go in there is silver to be found. That is my opinion.

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm... It would be an interesting sociological experiment to see if other areas of similar mix experience the same kinds of cc finds. A bank where I used to live would give up Rupees and British coin, which made sense there. One of my current banks has consistent Cananananada coinage, though I don't know the demographics nearby.

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First silver dime I ever pulled was laying on the coin counter at a bank.

Thank you very much sir.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I used to find silver in the coin counter reject tray of one particular dump bank every single time I set foot in there. It is smack dab in the middle of two low-income neighborhoods. I amassed a roll of silver quarters almost for completely free, 98% of the quarters were from that particular dump bank's coin counter reject tray.

In 2012 I found just over 8 ozt. in free silver from reject trays.

In 2013 I found 9.41 ozt. in free silver from reject trays.

Then halfway through 2014 all of my dump banks got new upgraded coin counters. :BangHead:

At the end of 2014, I had only found 3.21 ozt. in free silver from reject trays.

And so far for 2015, I have found none.

Damn those new coin counters! :angry4:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread