Walker Half, SLQ, Another 10 Silver!! Great Start So Far!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Everyone,

I must say that this year is really starting off with a bang!! I was thinking that the old coinage was going to be real stingy for me, and that I would have to find some new places to hunt for the beginning of '08, but with a lot of patience and persistence, the silver is coming out of a couple of parks that I've pounded last year quite regularly so far. I was really happy to recover a couple of coins I didn't think were going to be found in certain pounded areas. You all know that feeling? You say to yourself, "What else could be left here?" Well, SURPRISE!! On Monday, I went to an old park, with Mike(oknorom) showing up a couple hours after I got there. He called me to tell me he was on his way, and I told him I had just dug a merc, my first silver of the day. After I hung up the phone, I proceeded about 40ft from that spot, and recieved a beautiful signal that was crying out, "SILVER!". I couldn't wait for Mike to get to the park to let him listen to the signal, so I dug, and was rewarded with a 1927 Standing Liberty Quarter. It's oxidized, but the date is legible. I believe that's the first SLQ pulled from this park, after countless mercs, rosies, Washingtons, a good handful of barbers, a few seateds, and lots of wheats and IH's. Woo Hoo!!! I ended the day with 4 silver coins and 13 wheaties.

Yesterday, I met Jon(goldenapples) at our local Barrio park again. I just knew that the area we hunted last week was still going to be productive, and at the end of the day, I couldn't be more right. Within minutes of arriving, I got my first merc. Jon brought his video camera with him in hopes of filming another silver vid., but it seemed that everytime I called him over to film a recovery, I ended up pulling a wheatie or a 60's memorial. Most of the silver I recovered yesterday was all unexpected. Most sounded like wheats, and many were being masked by nearby low conductor trash. My prize find of the day was a complete surprise for me. I called Jon over as soon as I saw the rim of the coin in my hole, and from there, he started to film the event. I hope you enjoy the film, and share in my excitement at recovering the '42 Walker that sounded like a deep zinc penny. I ended yesterday with 6 silver coins and 14 wheaties.

Jon, it was a fantastic day for me. Thanks for joining me, and capturing the Walker on film!! Hang in there, buddy. You're putting in the hours with your new machine, and that's what it's going to take to start finding those elusive coins.

Thanks for looking and watching!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_2309_Tnet.JPG
    IMG_2309_Tnet.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 772
  • Walker3_Lincoln_011508.jpg
    Walker3_Lincoln_011508.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 775
Upvote 0

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great outing Dan. Me...I'm sittin' here in the 25 degree temps cleaning off my coils. My main weapons again will be the 6" excelerator...the 1050...and the 12" excelerator. At least they will look purty until I get to swing them again. I didn't get the 6" excelerator or the 1050 until very late in the season last year...so there's still a lot of my hunted out parks I can RE-pound again ;D

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Dan, I keep looking at your pictures and that VIDEO, WOW it is OUTSTANDING!

Thanks for making it look easy (I KNOW it really isn't). Great Inspiration!

Thanks also to Goldenapples for another superb job.

You know, with all the digital cameras around and most of them have video function...well, WE ALL should be making some videos.

HH Joe

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome finds and loved the video, ya'll! Keep 'em coming!!

Nana ;)

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Great finds Capt_SE, great bunch of silver the walking half is fantastic wtg.
Glenn

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow - way to go dan, incredible finds and great video

thanks

vp
Bone Dry Detecting

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Dan,

What's up, buddy? Stacia and I were surfing the internet, when I said, "Wait, I want to browse back to Tnet to checkif my buddy, Dan, posted his vid yet. Hold on, Stacia poo, we will get back to the antiques website soon." LMAO :D

Dan, that is an awesome vid. It shows your true excitement at the time of the excavation. Your explanation of the signal definitely portrays your full understanding of the SE. ;) :)

You will hit 500 wilvers this year, my friend! I can bet the farm on that. :) :D ;D

*KirkPA stating to Stacia at the moment, "Okay, dearest, I will leave Tnet for now." :D LOL

Keep the passion high, Dan!

BDD...Kirk

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Excellent find and video Dan. Jon does a good job of documenting as he films. That beauty is your reward for going after that type of iffy signal.

Ricardo

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Walker Dan!!!! Man, I love watching those videos. "Thanks Goldenapples."
Fantastic job on the coins. You're starting out the year right.
Please tell the guy that mows those lawn to raise his blades. He's KILLING some nice coins! :'(
-MM-

Yeasty

Oct 22, 2007
DELAWARE
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CTX-17, CTX-6, E-Trac, Explorer SE , Sun Ray X-1 probes, FBS 800, WOT, Garrett Pro-Pointer and modified David Clark headphones
Beautiful, just beautiful

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Dan, congratulations on that Walker half recovery. The beaver tail probably made it sound like garbage, but you were good enough to decipher what it was telling you. You are one step closer to 658, man. :)

I am looking forward to many more great recoveries in the near future.

Keep the fever high!

Kyle

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan, that is one heck of a park! Love the video and the excitement of being there!! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread