Learning from your post!

Tarheel boys

Jan 14, 2008
Southeastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, White's Classic II
Was working yesterday so I was really looking forward to getting back out today. Monday was the ring find so I was still psyched about that. I do realize that was a bit unusual... finding the ring on my first hunt, but I was still excited about today.
I checked on a Confederate camp ground site this morning.... but did not turn up anything worthwhile. I am sure it has been picked over really well.
I did not want to go away empty handed so I tried what most of you have discussed here... playgrounds. There is a good size playground in the middle of the town so I had to give it a try. I read where playgrounds are called treasure chest. It did not disappoint. I had a ball pulling out lots of loose change. I found that the best places are under the benches, end of slides and the monkey bars. It was cool and I had a blast. My boys (twins, age 9) will be out of school on Friday so we are gearing up for some digging. Have permission for a county camp site with a lake. I hope to update you all on some good stuff. Thanks!

Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Welcome.jpg
It's great to have you with us, Tarheel Boys! Keep posting!

Attachments

• Welcome.jpg
    Welcome.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 556

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the best places are under the benches, end of slides and the monkey bars

Good spots!

I always hunt around the swings. Parents drop jewelry and change when they push little ones. Older kids swing high and dump their pockets.

Also check in the corner boundaries of the woodchip lots. Teens sometimes gather there (because they are too cool to actually go near the equipment ::) ).

Good luck and welcome to Tnet.

DCMatt

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you will have to get those twins their own detectors soon, three is a crowd on one detector, LOL. Don't give up on that camp site. HH, Mike

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
DCMatt said:
the best places are under the benches, end of slides and the monkey bars

Good spots!

I always hunt around the swings. Parents drop jewelry and change when they push little ones. Older kids swing high and dump their pockets.

Also check in the corner boundaries of the woodchip lots. Teens sometimes gather there (because they are too cool to actually go near the equipment ::) ).

Good luck and welcome to Tnet.

DCMatt

BINGO! All good advice! Tot Lots are my favs!! Found lots of goodies there!
Good Luck with your hunt with your boys!

HH,
Moon

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you all are having a great time! I've also found that kids love to jump out of the swings to see how far they can go! Look several feet in front of the swing sets too! ;)

Nana

Chico Rico

Dec 28, 2007
Virginia
I like to " hit the wood chip" when I'm tired of digging 8 inches for pull tabs. Those areas save my back when it's had enough. I've found a SAC $1 along with mucho clad. Sometime the jewelry pops up too. Sundays are good days since school is out...Good luck!

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Tot Lots give ya lots of action. They are a really fun hunting location. You never know what those busy kids might drop. ;)

Baldingboy

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
Tot lots are a great way to learn your machine sounds and signal. If I've had a few days of digging trash, I like to go there for some quick change and the chance for jewelry. Welcome.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the UK

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Aboard. Hope to see more of your posts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread