Walking along minding my own business - then Bam!

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don'tcha just love how everyone makes up teasers as topic titles ;D

Over the last week I've been able to get out for about five and a half hours trying a few different places and had a few mixed results. All up I've totalled just over $36, a BAM badge (whatever that is???) and a few pre-decimal coins which are always nice to find. I've located an old park and plan to hit it pretty hard to get the old coins but I'll wait until it stops blowing a gale and the sun comes out. Snow and ice in populated areas of Australia are fairly rare but there has been falls around Canberra this morning with a number of accidents and roads having been cut.

I know that this would be just a mild day in a North American winter but I think I'll stay home in the warm regardless ;D

I also added some visitors to my front yard yesterday for those with a Ornithological bent. These are known as a Gang Gang Cockatoos. You can always get very close to this particular species without them flying away which leads me to suspect that their into some interesting berries ;)

Attachments

• bam.JPG
    bam.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,113
  • gangganfemale.JPG
    gangganfemale.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,058
  • ganggangmale.JPG
    ganggangmale.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,079
  • Penny.JPG
    Penny.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,101
  • halfpennies.JPG
    halfpennies.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,103
Upvote 0

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Bam plate is from Bam Margera (http://www.bamargera.com/) He was made popular by the Jackass TV show/movies. He's got his own line of skateboards and his own clothes line. That's probably something off of some teenage kid's skateboard. Good pic's of that wild parrot. Beautiful!!!

Bran <><

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins you found. Stay safe down there. It's around 90F here already. It's hard to imagine you all having winter right now. If you get a chance could you take a few pics of your outside surroundings, just anything you want and post them? I guess Australia is the one place I would visit if I could go anywhere in the world. A lot of people here say that too. Thanks for sharing your finds and your wintry story.

Attachments

• license_20070506191514_50783.jpg
    license_20070506191514_50783.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 1,000
  • license_20070506191514_50783.jpg
    license_20070506191514_50783.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 1,002

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Cool digs !! Congrats!

BAM can describe so many things...
BAM!! ... clunking my head on the monkey bars while searching under the play structures... I have done this so many time...dahhh :-[
or
BAM... a nice keeper pops out and you can't believe your eyes. :o

Keep the great finds coming, good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
I agree with Bdoo, Bam is what happens to me everytime I get underneath those playground things. Great coins! Love the birds too, they are pretty cool! ;D

OP
OP
Harry_Morant

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok you asked for it - I went out and took a few photos, couldn't get any closer to the snow as the road is still closed and I was turned around by the local constabulary. Kangaroos were only a few minutes from home lazing around in a sheltered spot - bludgers!

Attachments

• kanga2.JPG
    kanga2.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 846
  • kanga.JPG
    kanga.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 875
  • lakeburleygriffin.JPG
    lakeburleygriffin.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 876
  • parliament.JPG
    parliament.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 911
  • distantsnow.JPG
    distantsnow.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 922

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
great pics! Thanks for sharing! BAM is what Emeril says on his cooking show when he tosses the finishing touch on a dish! lol I like the monkey bar explanation best though! ;)

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now if it would have said WHAM you would have re-buried it again, right? (I always hated that group ;D)

After showing your find to my kids, my 14-year-old skateboarder says "Yep, that's his logo", and my 11-year-old says "Brandon Cole Margera...that's his full name." Don't ya love it! I learn something new every day.

Nat

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Natman said:
Now if it would have said WHAM you would have re-buried it again, right? (I always hated that group ;D)

After showing your find to my kids, my 14-year-old skateboarder says "Yep, that's his logo", and my 11-year-old says "Brandon Cole Margera...that's his full name." Don't ya love it! I learn something new every day.

Nat
Tooooooo funny! Sadly I knew what the BAM thing was when I saw it. I happen to be a fan of that bunch of idiots hurting themselves. They deserve it.
GREAT PICS MAN! I can even see the splash of the cannonball hitting the water in the one with the cannon. I really DID Laugh hard at that illusion. Just look out in the water to the right of the cannon tip and way!

Thanks for the post anf Happy hunting!
~Nash~

OP
OP
Harry_Morant

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL - I never considered that I could frame the Captain Cook Fountain in the distance with the cannon - On the next windy day (when the fountain isn't shooting straight up) I'll have to get a big wad of cotton wool, stick it out of the barrel of the cannon and take another photo ;D

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much for taking time to grant my request. You sure have a beautiful country. I doubt that I will ever get to visit but I sure would love to. Here's a few pics that you might like to see. Have a good one

Attachments

• IMG_0196.JPG
    IMG_0196.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_2182.JPG
    IMG_2182.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 270
OP
OP
Harry_Morant

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great photos Dang! - isn't nice to have a few hobbies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread