Walking Dry River Beds

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
Fossis....As always some great pictures. A question for you please. On the whole do you find that hunters clear up the mess that they might make.
As for the snakes......not too sure if I could come to terms with them. We only have one poisonous snake here in the UK and that is the adder, and he does'nt have a deadly venom, and even they only live in certain Counties.

U.

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Great looking pictures as always. You just can't beat a nature walk for finding interesting things to photograph. The bonus is finding knives,tools, coins and sometimes even jewelry lost by others on the trail. Arrowheads are always a plus, no matter where you find them. Looks like there may be some quartz in some of those streams also. Ever tried panning to see what was down there? Good luck, and watch out for those critters. rockhound

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
it getting to be that time of year, when people take awesome pics. thanks for sharing

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Great post as always Fossis and your picture quality is excellent also. I enjoyed the walk Thanks
Van

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
Just how do you find all of this "Good" stuff just lying around ??? or the man Fossis :notworthy:

I spend many hours 'prowling', & i've hunted Indian Artifacts, & fossils for years, so I kinda have 'a trained eye' by now for finding stuff. :icon_sunny:

Fossis............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unicorn said:
Fossis....As always some great pictures. A question for you please. On the whole do you find that hunters clear up the mess that they might make.
As for the snakes......not too sure if I could come to terms with them. We only have one poisonous snake here in the UK and that is the adder, and he does'nt have a deadly venom, and even they only live in certain Counties.

U.

Some hunters clean their camps after the season is over, but there are many 'slobs' that throw trash & beer cans all along the beautiful mt roads, I choose not to take pic's of that, & I pick up trash whenever i can.
The snakes are just 'part of the deal' around here, we have the Rattlers, (Diamondback & Timber Rattler), timber rattlers are not as large, plus we have the 'pygmy rattler', copperhead, & water moccasin, all venemous.
We learn as children to watch where we walk. :P

Fossis.............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rockhound said:
Great looking pictures as always. You just can't beat a nature walk for finding interesting things to photograph. The bonus is finding knives,tools, coins and sometimes even jewelry lost by others on the trail. Arrowheads are always a plus, no matter where you find them. Looks like there may be some quartz in some of those streams also. Ever tried panning to see what was down there? Good luck, and watch out for those critters. rockhound

Thanks, there is plenty to do around here in Nature. :icon_sunny:
we are on the Northern edge of the 'Quartz country', we find some small Herkimer's & veins of Quartz on the sandstone, there is a little 'flour Gold' found in the area.

HH, Fossis..........

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffer said:
it getting to be that time of year, when people take awesome pics. thanks for sharing

You're welcome :icon_sunny:

Fossis............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VanGone said:
Great post as always Fossis and your picture quality is excellent also. I enjoyed the walk Thanks
Van

Thanks Van.

Fossis..............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: u had a great walk

gravediggermax-vabeachva said:
what kind of snakes are they ?

The first one is a 'black snake', the one under the rock is a water snake, both non-poisonous.

Fossis...........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread