New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally found her, I could not of done it without my new hunting partner OldJerseyGirl, the spot was her idea and she has been spending time knocking on doors and talking with people. Today we went together to two spots (both her ideas) (good ideas) the first we might have gotten closer to getting permission, hopefully the owners will get in touch soon. The second spot we had to knock on a couple of doors, success we got the permission to hunt. Now all we needed to do was find a needle in a cornfield. In two hours time I went through at least 1000 acres of cornfield (not completely!!! lol) just a beeline zig zagging through the stubble and I finally hit a good 80 signal that rung hells bells. It turned up a very crusty penny. I was just looking at it. Might be wishful thinking (wouldn't be the first time) but I might of found my first Indianhead cent. I got it in some olive oil, I'll check later and see if I can figure out what it is. After finding an old penny I figured I might be in the right area so I slowed things down and started doing things a little tighter to that hole. I got out about fifteen feet away and got a half arse high tone, it's hard in the stubble but I managed to get a 85 tone on my AT Pro (I'm loving that machine). So I pin point it, says it's 2-4 inches down. I dig, put in my pinpointer, nothing. Dig some more, deeper, nothing. Stand up check the hole, nothing. I kicked the dirt back in the hole and turn to walk away and I start thinking, what the heck I know I had a high tone. So I angle the coil towards the corn stubs and BING. I tear out a few corn stubs, check with the coil, 85 hit 6 inches, pinpoint, little higher from where I was first time. Now I dig big, go all the way down with my Garrett,Leches lookalike shovel, check with pinpointer, now I can tell for sure it's a coin, so I go a little wider (for safety's sake) and out pops a big silver! Nice, I'm thinking dollar, the sun is bouncing off it, and I'm scared to scratch it. So I knock off a little dirt and could see it was my Walker I was just recently wishing for. I'm a happy man, I couldn't have got lucky without Becky's help and ideas.
Thanks Becky, lets go there tomorrow and try a grid search and find you one!

Upvote 14
OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked the penny, it is a wheat 193?, sweet!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds and your walking Lady is in great shape!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love that my first Walker is a half and my first large silver, but the icing on the cake is the shape she is in.I have to take her in to someone who can tell me if she is a double die, either I can't see that good or I just don't understand what a double die is? I'm thinking it comes from a bad or twice struck coin?
US 1946 DOUBLED Walking Liberty Half Dollars 1916-1947 50C Coin Varieties
US 1946 Walking Liberty Half Dollars 1916-1947 50C Coin Varieties

Check out these links to a possible on this date, How can I tell, maybe if it was It would jump out at me. I have good loops not 100% what I'm supposed to be looking for?

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the walker!!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone, now I need to find me that Indianhead penny, and a seated!

jcobb

May 23, 2008
Ft. Worth Tejas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
Congrats on the Silver Half! I found one today but much more worn.

Keep at it and share with Becky, she sounds like a hellava gal!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWEET large silver!!!:occasion14:
Well done,
MM

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking silver!

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an awesome rush! Big Congrats on your first Walker! That is one beautiful coin, way to go! :icon_thumright:

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is awesome.Congrats.HH.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! Congrats! Nice write-up too. Nice to hear how it was found and your thoughts and impressions. Good job!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

smugglersbluez

Jan 10, 2013
central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro , Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great job! Those Indian head Pennies show up a little lower on my AT Pro vdi. good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread