New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally found her, I could not of done it without my new hunting partner OldJerseyGirl, the spot was her idea and she has been spending time knocking on doors and talking with people. Today we went together to two spots (both her ideas) (good ideas) the first we might have gotten closer to getting permission, hopefully the owners will get in touch soon. The second spot we had to knock on a couple of doors, success we got the permission to hunt. Now all we needed to do was find a needle in a cornfield. In two hours time I went through at least 1000 acres of cornfield (not completely!!! lol) just a beeline zig zagging through the stubble and I finally hit a good 80 signal that rung hells bells. It turned up a very crusty penny. I was just looking at it. Might be wishful thinking (wouldn't be the first time) but I might of found my first Indianhead cent. I got it in some olive oil, I'll check later and see if I can figure out what it is. After finding an old penny I figured I might be in the right area so I slowed things down and started doing things a little tighter to that hole. I got out about fifteen feet away and got a half arse high tone, it's hard in the stubble but I managed to get a 85 tone on my AT Pro (I'm loving that machine). So I pin point it, says it's 2-4 inches down. I dig, put in my pinpointer, nothing. Dig some more, deeper, nothing. Stand up check the hole, nothing. I kicked the dirt back in the hole and turn to walk away and I start thinking, what the heck I know I had a high tone. So I angle the coil towards the corn stubs and BING. I tear out a few corn stubs, check with the coil, 85 hit 6 inches, pinpoint, little higher from where I was first time. Now I dig big, go all the way down with my Garrett,Leches lookalike shovel, check with pinpointer, now I can tell for sure it's a coin, so I go a little wider (for safety's sake) and out pops a big silver! Nice, I'm thinking dollar, the sun is bouncing off it, and I'm scared to scratch it. So I knock off a little dirt and could see it was my Walker I was just recently wishing for. I'm a happy man, I couldn't have got lucky without Becky's help and ideas.
Thanks Becky, lets go there tomorrow and try a grid search and find you one!

Upvote 14

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4.gif

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone, I'm up early going deer hunting, I hope the walker brings me luck (I'm bringing her along in my pocket) The rut is in full swing around here, going to be a busy day. I'll deer hunt in morning, come out of woods, coin hunt till 1:00, then back in the woods for more venison!
Thanks for looking and all the nice replies, maybe I'll get a nice 70 hit on my AT Pro and dig my Indianhead cent today?
HH everybody!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone, I'm up early going deer hunting, I hope the walker brings me luck (I'm bringing her along in my pocket) The rut is in full swing around here, going to be a busy day. I'll deer hunt in morning, come out of woods, coin hunt till 1:00, then back in the woods for more venison! Thanks for looking and all the nice replies, maybe I'll get a nice 70 hit on my AT Pro and dig my Indianhead cent today? HH everybody!
good luck and all the Indians I've found ring in in 70s and you can tell its a coin.

The Boots

Oct 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice walker, the detail is great. Congrats on your first. Too bad on the penny. That's incentive to keep digging because one could be in the next hole.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll find that Indian yet! Thanks again, so many coins to find, so little time!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll find that Indian yet! Thanks again, so many coins to find, so little time!
sry to tell you I went out for a bit today and my 12th Indian in the field. You will find one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread