Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8-27bb.jpg Don't know about where y'all are, but took my wife to wallyworld for her weekly grocery shopping and cash money was not being accepted at U-Scan, card only (which she uses). It's bad enough I have to check out and bag a $150 worth of groceries every week at U-Scan cause they never have any cashiers on registers in the morning, now legal tender is no good?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll never use Self Check Out . I Am not an Employee !

That is Unless it includes a 10 or 15% Discount.
What Ever their Employees Get.

& Maybe an Hours Wages Broken down for the Time I'm Ringing up & Bagging if it ain't at least a 10% Discount.

of course I'd go to customer service and pretend mental disability of unable to learn. and force them to ring me up
or loose my patronage. and I'd wager I'd win. Re "Disabilities Act" name dropping.

I was watching a Video Earlier, 2 Kids in Florida had over $200. worth of stuff in their Cart
and only Rung up $50.00 worth of It :laughing7:

Now Who's fault is that ... really ?

The Kids who never learned right from Wrong Or the Lazy Cheap skates Who Run Walmart,
Who Would rather pay Security Then a register Person.

i'll also wager security gets paid a higher salary.

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1859240 Don't know about where y'all are, but took my wife to wallyworld for her weekly grocery shopping and cash money was not being accepted at U-Scan, card only (which she uses). It's bad enough I have to check out and bag a $150 worth of groceries every week at U-Scan cause they never have any cashiers on registers in the morning, now legal tender is no good?
This is nothing new. Cut/paste:

There is … no Federal statute mandating that a private business, a person, or an organization must accept currency or coins as payments for goods or services," the nation's central bank says on its website. “Private businesses are free to develop their own policies on whether to accept cash unless there is a state law which says otherwise."

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are actually right, fistfulladirt. That states that the bill can be accepted for payment. Your recourse is to shop somewhere else, which I do but the wife doesn't.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"the LEOs can sort it out when they show up 15 minutes later". What do you think, they are sitting in front of Walmart waiting for you to call. Lets give the LEO bashing a break. And you cowboys out there carrying you better be ready to use if you pull it and then get ready to justify using it. I have a unrestricted conceal carry and don't. (Actually I do carry when on the desert for rattle snakes but have yet to use it).

You read me wrong Mr. Stewart. My meaning was just that, the cops can't be everywhere at once and certainly not waiting at any one spot for a call to that spot. They will show up, but not always in the moment you need them. Even if they show up within a minute of the call, it may still be 50 seconds too late. No bashing intended at all, and the utmost respect for most of law enforcement.
Sometimes I carry, sometimes I don't. Hope I never need to even reach for it. But, it's lighter than carrying a LEO. :laughing7:
Carry or not, be aware of your surroundings and those around you. Run, fight or take cover. First defense starts with you.

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
No problem toomanyhobbies. I am a retire police detective and it seems in today's world there is a target on every officers back. Trust me, it is frustrating going from call to call and getting chewed out with, "where you been" for starters when you show up. These open carry guys can be just as much of a problem as the problem itself. Walking around scaring folks like this is the wild west.

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem toomanyhobbies. I am a retire police detective and it seems in today's world there is a target on every officers back. Trust me, it is frustrating going from call to call and getting chewed out with, "where you been" for starters when you show up. These open carry guys can be just as much of a problem as the problem itself. Walling around scaring folks like this is the wild west.

If a legally authorized person has an open carry on his person, is that considered "Walling around"??? It would seem that just because a person has a legal weapon on his hip he should be afforded the same freedom as those who do not have the permit. This reasoning is for those areas that do not have the personal weapons restriction's published. If by chance that person makes a gesture in a threatening manner then I would think that a higher degree of scrutiny would be proper.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No problem toomanyhobbies. I am a retire police detective and it seems in today's world there is a target on every officers back. Trust me, it is frustrating going from call to call and getting chewed out with, "where you been" for starters when you show up. These open carry guys can be just as much of a problem as the problem itself. Walling around scaring folks like this is the wild west.

Have you studied the" wild" west?
Open carry caused scaring folks?

People getting shot and not seeing it coming was the "gunmans" preferred method. Not unlike today.
Or better put , it's what you don't see that is more a threat.

I don't like a daily carry gun of my own to be visible. But I don't lose sleep if it happens to be exposed being I'm licensed. Vs being out of the favor of law for either not carrying open ,or concealed per restrictions. I'd rather prying eyes don't notice. To each their own.

In your years of enforcement , how well buried did you prefer your pistol to be , and still be at hand per practice and muscle memory and speed of unhindered access?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If it is legal to open carry then it is legal to open carry and they have just as much right to do so as someone else has in exercising their 1st amendment right. Many states have open carry and many people excercise that right. I have asked many LEO in Florida about both open and conceal carry, 98% of them told me they support both. Florida use to be open carry, it was outlawed when conceal carry was legalized, they should have left it legal.

Last edited:

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Open carry turns into man with a gun calls. How many of you guys been sent to one of those? Too many guns out there as it is. No need to walk around with one on your hip in front of little old ladies and kids. Tuck it under shirt.

You pro guns guys seen half of what I seen and done and I am sure you would think differently.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In certain environments, the process of "Walling Around" referred to someone performing a certain act where they have their opponent pinned against the wall. There is a big difference in concealed carry laws and open carry laws. Those folks who have the open carry permits cannot tuck it in and still remain inside the law. The proper procedure when a enforcement person approaches what you referred to as "man with a gun" call would be to do it in such a manner to allow that person to evaluate the situation and make the proper judgement call. Mr. Jon, lets hope that you are not just "Walling Around" with the legal carry folks.

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
I corrected the spelling from walling to walking bullwinkle so you don't have to worry. You quoted proper procedure for law enforcement. How many years on the force do you have in?

Never heard of an "open carry permit". Is this something new. For what its worth I have been retired for 21 years.

Fistfull I am from the mitten state and I haven't heard of any issues against CCW.

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I corrected the spelling from walling to walking bullwinkle so you don't have to worry. You quoted proper procedure for law enforcement. How many years on the force do you have in?

Never heard of an "open carry permit". Is this something new. For what its worth I have been retired for 21 years.

Fistfull I am from the mitten state and I haven't heard of any issues against CCW.
You’re ok as long as you aren’t pulled over and frisked.

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
If I am not mistaken you are required to notify that you are carrying when you are pulled over. If you are legal you have no problems.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I am not mistaken you are required to notify that you are carrying when you are pulled over. If you are legal you have no problems.

Last I Knew Here, You Get a Card. I'm guessing concealed Carry Permit :dontknow:
that you are required to Hand over with your license, Insurance & Registration When pulled over

I just remembering someone showing me their card and told me that they needed to do that

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

You're not mistaken , IF the party approached/stopped has a pistol licence and is armed.
I expect a license to show if I'm run through a search and so will announce a pistol license even if not armed. I don't need to know if such is plausible , it helps me remember...L.o.l.
Tough as I am about being questioned , I don't mess with L.E.O.'s.
Lower rear tinted window. Hands in sight. Announce moves for wallet and or glovebox.
And thanked the officer for his choice of profession last time after he completed his business. Despite my being in the wrong for causing the stop.
We each had responsibilities in such matters....

The MS.P.S. officer didn't ask to see my license when I was carrying and was stopped and announced license and pistol being carried. His prerogative.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There you go with the spelling again, it's Bowwinkles and not bullwinkles. Open carry is where you are not allowed to conceal your legal weapon but allowed to carry it openly. The other answer is longer than the same time you have been retired.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread