ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most of them get mad if you don't drop what you are doing and immediately fix their problem. (which is caused by not reading the manual/start guide). Asking them to actually participate isn't reasonable in their mind. Generation(s) of snowflakes know that everyone exists to immediately serve their every need.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
People posting threads looking for help.After you help them and ask a question ,they don't reply to your question.Thats what I Love.:icon_scratch:

Yes we must embrace them and show our tolerance towards them as they know no better RTR. :dontknow:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
People posting threads looking for help.After you help them and ask a question ,they don't reply to your question.Thats what I Love.:icon_scratch:

I agree RTR. Some folks here spend time to type out hard-knocks experience and lessons. In order to answer a one-time poster's question. And if that answer employs a counter-question, you never hear back. And you end up feeling like: Why did I even bother ? But not all are like this. Others will follow through the pro/con issues, and acknowledge someone who answered.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I must admit many of the younger nobs, not only here but on some local FB MD groups I belong to will not take the time to google anything or mine previous threads to locate the data they seek. They expect someone to do it for them.

I laugh every time I see people asking where is a good place to hunt and they ask for recommendations and put up a map and expect you to drop a pin on the map and point out some honey holes that you have found through your own sweat and research. Heck if I bought a dragster, I'd know where I could run it before I made the purchase. There is soooo much info online that I am amazed by many of the simple requests that they could answer themselves with a little effort. Many believe there is no such thing as a stupid question, but I beg to differ.

In the Army we had an acronym RTFM (Read The :censored: Manual).

Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A valid point brought out by RTR. I have asked some questions in the past, and have received some really helpful answers, and always try to be certain to follow up with a reply or at least a "like". IF I had missed doing so before, my apologies. RTR is right, often it seems, if an answer given isn't the answer wanted, they seem either angry, OR, you never hear from them again. Having said that, it does seem more of an exception than the rule.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And then there is the.... "What is it?" Accompanied by a picture only.
Come on folks, read the Sticky's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread