wanna see something cool?

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
check this out. my uncle works in construction and the job they were on, they had to tear out some old sewer. he found a bunch of stuff and wanted me to take a look at it. i know everyone here will get a kick out of this. it was all stuck in the bottom of the sewer. pretty nasty but yet pretty darn cool too.

theres a bunch of old american silver, foreign coins, tokens, etc. IH pennies, wheats, a 2c coin, V nickles. etc. i havent gone through everything yet.

Attachments

• DSCF1180.jpg
    DSCF1180.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,012
Upvote 0
Now that is one fine collection of shinola..lol Tell him he did "gud".

hard to see but here is a closer view.

Attachments

• DSCF1179.jpg
    DSCF1179.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,010
cool!saw a few rings(6) in that pile,any luck?

Plumbers are brave people. I'd be giving those finds a 24 hour bleach bath! Then a pot of boiling dawn spiked water...Then rooting through. I guess that could be considered a sewer cache? Nice pile, let us know what all you have once sorted and sanitized.

Oh, man! Don't tell me I've got to start hunting sewers!........ :(

I don't think so...

But looking at that pile sure makes me think about it! :thumbsup:

Nice stuff - yes, please show us the good stuff when it has been cleaned up!

the big coin on the top to the left is that a penny an what is the date on it??? You should ask him if you can detect the spot...I'm sure he missed some if he was just eye balling the finds.... Either way that is one heck of a good haul!!!

Oh man, that's what I call heaven! Please keep us informed on what all you find, other than the smell factor, that would be a blast to go through.

That's just wild! :D Clean it up and show us the results!! :icon_king:

Nana :wink:

Love yer avatar nana..Giddyup go!........NGE

Holy crap! Talk about falling in a pile and coming up smelling like a rose!!! :icon_jokercolor:

if all that haul was in a sewer line... I am so gunna have to start digging mine up...... omg that more silver than I have found hunting all yr..... congrats man.. cant wait to see the finds in detail

creeper71 said:
the big coin on the top to the left is that a penny an what is the date on it??? You should ask him if you can detect the spot...I'm sure he missed some if he was just eye balling the finds.... Either way that is one heck of a good haul!!!

That big coin is a Morgan silver dollar in great shape for all the crap it has been through. The coin below it with the eagle showing is the back of a barber half dollar.

Nice finds, at least one of those rings looks to be GOLD!

Reminded me of stories my grandfather told about cleaning sewers for a while in the 50's and they found all kinds of stuff, but that is a super cool haul there!

utah hunter said:
creeper71 said:

That big coin is a Morgan silver dollar in great shape for all the crap it has been through. The coin below it with the eagle showing is the back of a barber half dollar.

Nice finds, at least one of those rings looks to be GOLD!

Hahaha all the crap it been thru..that is some funny stuff der... I wasn't sure if it was a Morgan dollar or a large cent... hope it didn't sound like a dumb question... still learning all this coin stuff... I was askin about that coin particularly cause I could see it was in awesome shape!!!

No wonder I can't find anything it is all in the sewer. :tard: I think I better replace my line. :thumbsup:

Burdie

creeper71 said:
Hahaha all the crap it been thru..that is some funny stuff der... I wasn't sure if it was a Morgan dollar or a large cent... hope it didn't sound like a dumb question... still learning all this coin stuff... I was askin about that coin particularly cause I could see it was in awesome shape!!!

I also would lke to know the date/mint of the morgan

All you coin guys out there, what if we find the best way to tone coins is expose it to human excrement? just a thought... :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back