Want to interview Treasure Hunters

steveleverson

Aug 11, 2011
I am looking for people who would not mind being interviewed about treasure hunting.

The specifics: I am looking for small operations, family ran or sub-contractors on searches such as the 1715 fleet.

The topic: You, your life, how you got into it and what you left behind to pursue this dream.

NO HURRY, but I would definitely love to talk to you.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
I think a fair question for back round information is who are you ? What are you writing ? A book ? Newspaper article ? School Paper? etc... I am sure there are many members here that would be glad to help you. I just think it would be fair if you gave them an idea of who will be reading what you write. For instance if you were writing for an archeological magazine, I think it might be fair to say that you wouldn't have as many respondents.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sweatshopmedia said:
I am looking for people who would not mind being interviewed about treasure hunting.

The specifics: I am looking for small operations, family ran or sub-contractors on searches such as the 1715 fleet.

The topic: You, your life, how you got into it and what you left behind to pursue this dream.

NO HURRY, but I would definitely love to talk to you.

Just a quick note of caution. Last year a realty TV producer that had a hand in "Meteorite Men," talked me in to letting him bring a crew out to videotape us training clients to prospect for gold. They shot a lot, went back to California and edited it.

I get a call three-weeks later, and an offer to do six-episodes of a reality TV show based on AGA and our clients. I was very excited, and we even put out a press release http://www.sbwire.com/press-release...ecome-americas-next-reality-tv-star-56180.htm It all fell apart when we saw the "pilot" they shot in Arizona.

It was edited to make it seem like our staff was always arguing or trying to one-up each other; they had made it seem that almost EVERYONE found LARGE amounts of gold and went through mountain lions and rattlesnake dens to do it. Then, they made it seem like a poor gal that didn't find gold was so heartbroken she didn't want to live anymore, and I was done with reality TV forever!

Reality TV is scripted, manipulated entertainment - period. A "Treasure Hunting" show will be a huge hit and make hundreds-of-millions for its producers. Metal detector manufactures and equipment suppliers will rejoice, and our hobby and passion will be decimated.. :dontknow:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have more credits than this guy.Maybe i should start doing documentaries and tv shows again.At least i know the treasure biz and wont make anyone look bad for the industry.And i still have alot of connections.

Credits:
EVERYONE RIDES, Syndicated special/ home video,Cameraman/Videographer for "we will be right back fillers"
HAWAIIAN TROPIC BEAUTY PAGEANTS, Daytona 96, Syndicated specials,HBO Co-Producer, Cameraman/Videographer.
GOLDEN AGE GAMES,Production,Co Producer,Cameraman/Videographer Video and Special Effects Editor.
SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE,Pilot For Starship,Producer,Cameraman/Videographer.
HBO,Underwater man powered submarine race,west palm,Underwater cameraman,land still photographer.
MAGAZINES I HAVE WORKED WITH:
Skateboarding,Skate,Thrasher,Surfer,Surf,Windsurfer,Surfing,Easy Rider,Rolling stone,Lockheed Martin.Sea Treks.
JOURNALISM:
Washington Post,Honolulu Star,Honolulu Advertiser,Sun Bums,Jam,Springfield Journal Virginia.
BAND PROMO WORK:
Led Zepplin,Cheech N Chong,Rainbow,Blue Oyster Cult,Pat Travers,Judas Priest,Sly and the Family Stone,America,Leon Redbone,Monarch,Wrong,Stranger,Grand Funk,The Who,Stray Cats.

OP
OP
S

steveleverson

Aug 11, 2011
Hello all,

I was very vague and I apologize. My name is Steve Everson. As mad4wrecks correctly posted, I do work for Vem Miller.

These interviews are a preliminary and purely a research, at this point. I truly don't know if a show may be in the future.

Terry Soloman's trepidation is understandable as it seems he had a bad experience with a show in the past.

If there are some on here who wouldn't mind telling a little about their experiences, the questions are very general and along these lines of a) how you got started, b) what underwater archeological search you are a part of. (no details or locations are necessary) c) who your crew is.

Thank you to "old man" for pointing out the error of my ways.

Thanks in advance to any who might like to talk.

Steve

Fla-Gal

Feb 14, 2008
A very dear,honest,trustworthy friend has done make-up for several of these "reality' series. She says they are trash and so scripted and edited in the negative,negative way to present untrue slanted drama......her advice is run as fast as you can toward Lake O----stay away from these bottom feeding....... FEEDERS.........JMO.....

OP
OP
S

steveleverson

Aug 11, 2011
Hey all. I am still looking for people who are interested in talking for about 10 minutes about their personal stories and how they came to treasure hunt.

thanks again,

Steve

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good afternoon Steve: If all that you want is general information on 'where, why, and when', etc., simply go to-->

'Treasure Legends' in here - 4 th section below Shipwrecks.

Click on Tayopa

Then scroll down to the third section, Treasures of Tayopa and on, for a few hours of reading that will answer almost any questions that you may have.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tayopa

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread