Want to try Dowsing?

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt
Art, I'm not nitpicking here at you. This is a pretty long thread. What I
have done first was read everything that everyone posted. I have a lot of friends
on this thread, especially Okiedowser and you. I couldn't help but notice a lot
of skepticism, barking, gnashing of teeth, whining, implied insulting, and general
backbiting on my way to typing that last post. Sure, playful insulting is at least
tolerable but when it seems certain individuals follow us from post to post to post...
You know what I mean art, and this behavior has probably kept many people from
posting meaningful and educational information because they don't have the sheer
tolerance to put up with meaningless criticism, skepticism, and insults. I am not
currently active in MENSA or any other such organization or agency, however I am
occasionally consulted by certain known experts in certain fields. These individuals
have zero tolerance for trash talk. You won't see them here anyways because they
are so wrapped up in their respective fields of technology that they have no time for
what one of them told me was "doodlebugging". If said that to one of them he would have
taken it as an insult, but it was said to me and the one who said it tried to apologise
but I made him try magnetised clotheshanger L-rods over a galvanized ditch pipe under
a driveway and he might have emotional problems now because the rods kept slapping
him in the chest really hard. All I did to make them magnetic was before I bent the L
or 90 degree angle I held them pointed north and whacked the ends about 100 times
with a hammer. Now the electrons had a majority in alignment, thus, magnetism.
-bill-

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt
I went outside and had a cigarette...and I thought....

What the heck! Everybody is welcome to insult me if
that is how they get their jollies. I do astral projection.
Also I am never alone. I am haunted. The spirits of
people oftentimes come to my bedside. Even Pierre LaFarge.
don Fransisco Vasquez Coronado. Several I don't know who
they were in life. The Swedish wagonmaster known only as
"Goldie."
I haven't used my homemade device for some
time now. Probably over a year. Most of the time I search, I feel.
Some will agree with me that an aura is larger than a human body.
You mention ideomotor response. Let's expand that. With no device
I can walk over a void and have sensations, sometimes, but not always.
Sometimes the same occurs with metal. Mental dowsing is great, but when
for no apparent reason I feel the strong urge to go to a certain rock outcropping
or cliff or tree, or to drive down an unfamiliar road and see a Spanish trail marker
or old homesite, and know some of what is hidden, it has become
instinctual. Just a hunch? No, a physical pulling, an urgent need,
just to go see. When, as I explain it, part of your aura reaches out
and you feel cold wet coins, then you go that direction and find a spring,
how do I then dial it in to where I can just go to where I can reach into the
mud unseen and grab them? It doesn't matter that I believe or not, I still
get the sensation. I will say that this is possible. I suppose with years of persistence
one could go straight away to the coins. When you try and try it won't work.
When you just let it happen and do it, it is like moving the compass needle
without touching it, a mere wave of the hand. When you try to explain it, words
have a way of failing. Witnesses say "Do it again." as if you can put this force in a
bottle. One should always say "No." Explain that you must "re-charge" in order to
do it again. How does it work? Who cares? Not me. It just works, and with patience
and practice it slowly and gradually gets stronger and stronger. Kind of like the
ability to project one's conscience awareness to distant locations while the flesh
sleeps.
-bill-

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Just bring this thread back to the top so people can learn what Max and I are talking about…Art

m14nm

Sep 23, 2011
North West Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
DFX IDX CZ3D GTA350 6000Di-2
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for your help. If it quits raining, I'll try the "S" pattern. Any other tips that you may have, and wish to share, will be greatly appreciated.

Cliff.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Cliff...I think that most everyone has some problems at first. You read everything that you can...Dowsing works different for each of us and there are no rules that are set in stone...Try the different methods and keep what works for you...this is a great hobby so enjoy it...Art

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
hello art, pardon me for being slow posting. i do read quite a bit and usually everyday too. i have enjoyed your thread on dowsing about as much as anyone can.
what i have been doing lately is going to the school yards and dowsing for clad coins, using clads for bait. have been find 3-5 coins each time out and sometimes i will have a false dowse as i call it. i think what happens with clad is the mixture in the coins will also cause me to also lock on copper in some other substance. i do like les with the rods, i locate with the rod then use the detector to pinpoint and
recover. i have'nt tried rangertell on clads yet but probably will in the next 30 days. locating clad helps to build much confidence.
when i get a lock and there is nothing recoverable there i don't worry about it. you know the story, found it but did'nt dig it.
thanks for posting your thread and keep on going.

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art your comments that the rules of dowsing are not set in stone is a rediculous statement.
They certainly are set in stone and as you are just a theorist on dowsing your comments are flippant.
As you have commented many times , you dont dig, only take note of your dowsing signals how the dickens can you know if you are halucinating or not?
Unless you dig down to your dowsed target how will you become experienced?

Still you keep[ a thread going although you are guilty of aiding and abetting shonky fraudelent sales reps of unworkable dowsing aids , Max

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Thank you Max...I have dug many many treasures. Using a set of dosing rods is different for each of us as many people have said on this board.
Still you keep[ a thread going although you are guilty of aiding and abetting shonky fraudelent sales reps of unworkable dowsing aids
And yes I do use electronic metal detectors that work for me..I have recovered thousands of treasures using the Dowsing methods...And I know the difference of how the devices work..It is your right to think anything that you want to...I will continue to answer Dowsers questions and tell them how dowsing works for me..Art

Have a great thanksgiving

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
I guess I am gonna give it a shot tommrow evening after work. Thanks for the starter info Art.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I had a PM yesterday about my dowsing Rods..With the new format I somehow deleted it..I think he can get all his questions answered in this thread..Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
There seems to be a lot of new people interested in Dowsing...I was thinking that most of the How to stuff has been buried on this board over the last 7 years. If anyone is interested in reading the How to stuff I would gladly try to bring what I think is important back to the top..Art

Mr bigshot

Jun 15, 2012
West Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art, thank you for the tips you have listed here. I build electrical substations and generating plants and regularly douse for buried ground wires and electrical cables. This sames me a tremendous amount of time, and shoveling, when I have to hand locate a cable inside a substation so as to not dig it up with a backhoe or excavator, or when I need to tap onto an existing ground cable. I am probably sucessful around 90% of the time.Some days I just don't have the juice, and I have noticed this is usually in areas with a high water table. A friend of mine told me about TN and I have just started trying to locate coins that I set on the ground. I douse with #6 copper that I bent into L rods, and as of yet I cannot get the rods to cross over coins, or silver rings. Not sure if the composition of the rods affects the type of materials you can locate with them. What do you think? I locate copper wire with copper rods, is this the wrong material to locate coins and precious metals?

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I have used rods made from all kinds of stuff. I have even used rods made those flexible drinking straws...They all work but some a little different. I am a firm believer in baiting the rods or carrying a witness object in my hand. Practice with a witness coin in your hand...If you think that your rods will not locate something they will not. Try some other kind of material for your rods....Art

Mr bigshot

Jun 15, 2012
West Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I tried using the copper rods to find a penny, nickel and quarter that I had laid on the ground, while carrying a witness of the same coin in each hand. I got some twitches from the rods, but was unable to get them to cross. I wondered if it was just one of those days, so I went out to the road, and was able to locate the phone line that runs in the ditch parallel to the road, and I was able to locate an underground power line that feeds my house. So I cut some clothes hangers, bent them and tried again. I can get them to cross sometimes with a witness in each hand. I then tried to locate the phone line, and underground feeder and was unable to. This was totally unexpected as I was positive I could find them again. I busted out the copper rods, and sure enough I could locate both, but not a single coin. Weird. Not sure what the cause was of this, maybe a mental block as you mentioned, but I will keep trying. The neighbor across the road got a good laugh out of it when I felt compelled to tell her what I was doing walking around in circles and such, but hey I got a beer out of it!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tossed a penny out into a yard, 2 different properties, then tried to pick up the signal. Both times other targets (both metallic and non-metallic) were detected between me and the penny. You might take a screwdriver or other type coin probe, go to a place where coins, jewelry are sure to be lost. Tape a coin or jewlry item on top of your probe. Find a good spot, push end of probe into the ground enough to stay. Walk 12-20 feet away but in a west, south, north, east direction from it. I've been wanting to try this, haven't got around to it yet. If a good target is between you and the probe with a coin on top, should give a response with your rods, (at least theoretically). It might also depend on which one you cross the line of field first, of the probe//coin or the other objects in the ground.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course, once you pick up another signal, by pausing to check it again, then decide to ignore the signal...should be able to move beyond the spot to a new target or the probe with the coin.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Red_desert
I've tossed a penny out into a yard, 2 different properties, then tried to pick up the signal. Both times other targets (both metallic and non-metallic) were detected between me and the penny. You might take a screwdriver or other type coin probe, go to a place where coins, jewelry are sure to be lost. Tape a coin or jewlry item on top of your probe. Find a good spot, push end of probe into the ground enough to stay. Walk 12-20 feet away but in a west, south, north, east direction from it. I've been wanting to try this, haven't got around to it yet. If a good target is between you and the probe with a coin on top, should give a response with your rods, (at least theoretically). It might also depend on which one you cross the line of field first, of the probe//coin or the other objects in the ground.
Good experiment...I always walk in one of the cardinal directions. You can lay a practice place on your patio using tape..Each leg of your tape should be aligned with the four cardinal directions. You can place targets on the tape and learn just what your rods are telling you...

dishpan

Aug 30, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Art,
Thanks for all the wonderful information. I've been practicing in the backyard with a gold coin and baited rods, with very surprising success in finding the cardinal directions! Can't wait to have someone hide the coin. What you said about positive mental attitude seems to be the key. I've tried dowsing before and gotten no or misleading signals. This time I concentrated on standing up straight, smiling, and kept saying, "Giddyup, let's find that gold!" (in my head, that is)... Its working really well. I think in the past I would get confused or frustrated, and let my brow scrunch up and my mood would get in the way.
This has breathed new life into what I've always wanted to have as a hobby, just couldn't get it to work. So thanks everyone for all the input, and thanks again Art. I do have a question, can you bait the rods with more than one metal, or does that confuse things?

Best regards
dish

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey dishpan...When I first started Dowsing I had used the rods for years following electronic signals. I did not want to screw that part of my Treasure hunting up...I wanted to Dowse with a clear mind so I started baiting my rods. I try to keep my mind occupied with thoughts about a movie or anything else but what I am doing. Your methods seem to be working....Using more than one kind of bait may confuse you at times...Art

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey dishpan...When I first started Dowsing I had used the rods for years following electronic signals. I did not want to screw that part of my Treasure hunting up...I wanted to Dowse with a clear mind so I started baiting my rods. I try to keep my mind occupied with thoughts about a movie or anything else but what I am doing. Your methods seem to be working....Using more than one kind of bait may confuse you at times...Art

You are right. All that I have heard you are best to only have one bait at a time. Like many have said each metal/mineral gives off a different type of aura or magnetic property. What if you decided to put two different baits on the rods and they combine to give off a similar attraction to say bottle caps? Man would I get upset after the fifth bottle cap instead of nickels and silver coins. :laughing7: Just a thought...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread