Wanted! Deep mangrove tips

RayHeezy

Mar 26, 2014
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering if some of the more experienced guys cared to weigh in on some helpful deep mangrove hunt tips. From getting to the target location with gear to dealing with those pesky roots that seem to make an obstacle course, worsened by the inch deep muck. How did y'all deal with the thickest parts? Does the mangrove muck even produce targets? I love the swampland and am sure that it has changed over the course of time, but are targets even recoverable amongst the jungle?

Thanks guys!

Upvote -1

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In some countries/states/areas, mangroves are protected by law. You may want to check your area to see if that applies to your search area.

OP
OP
RayHeezy

RayHeezy

Mar 26, 2014
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In some countries/states/areas, mangroves are protected by law. You may want to check your area to see if that applies to your search area.
They are most definitely protected but this isn't about clear cutting them. I have no intention on removing or damaging mangroves. Just looking for some advice on how the order guys have dealt with them in the past.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was wondering if some of the more experienced guys cared to weigh in on some helpful deep mangrove hunt tips. From getting to the target location with gear to dealing with those pesky roots that seem to make an obstacle course, worsened by the inch deep muck. How did y'all deal with the thickest parts? Does the mangrove muck even produce targets? I love the swampland and am sure that it has changed over the course of time, but are targets even recoverable amongst the jungle?

Thanks guys!
There was a site where I was detecting once and came up on the trees.
Got a nice signal.....
Hit a root, went over a few inches hit another, and so on.
Probably the targets are still all there today under the grasp of the root systems.
Best of luck

Screen Shot 2024-03-22 at 2.29.36 PM.png

OP
OP
RayHeezy

RayHeezy

Mar 26, 2014
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a site where I was detecting once and came up on the trees.
Got a nice signal.....
Hit a root, went over a few inches hit another, and so on.
Probably the targets are still all there today under the grasp of the root systems.
Best of luck

View attachment 2138883
Yikes that looks like a pretty tough target. Definitely something to keep your eyes on if they ever develop in that location one day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread