WANTED: Hikers to help document the conclusion of the Peralta Stone Maps

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Mick I've yet to see one speck of gold from the volcano area. The Goldfield gold goes right up to the volcano. The Palmer mine is a good example. I went on a jeep ride with Kieth, Tom K and the former owner of the Palmer to the coke ovens. I talked to him about the mine. Before the volcano I believe gold went straight across to the east side. The volcano ruined that. As I always say. Show me the gold. The gold on the west and east side is pretty much the same from what I've seen. Even the big stuff
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518134378.901561.jpg

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Mick I've yet to see one speck of gold from the volcano area. The Goldfield gold goes right up to the volcano. The Palmer mine is a good example. I went on a jeep ride with Kieth, Tom K and the former owner of the Palmer to the coke ovens. I talked to him about the mine. Before the volcano I believe gold went straight across to the east side. The volcano ruined that. As I always say. Show me the gold. The gold on the west and east side is pretty much the same from what I've seen. Even the big stuff
View attachment 1548061

Nice Chunk,

But yes I believe the same, at one Time, with exception's here and there,

babymick1

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
As I thought Barks mine was across Apache Lake. On Alder Creek. He had a arrasta up there. Should still be there unless someone ripped it up.

Last edited:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I thought Barks mine was across Apache Lake. On Alder Creek. He had a arrasta up there. Should still be there unless someone ripped it up.

Frank - Garry Cundiff did a bunch of research back in the 2006 time frame and made these comments on another forum...

[FONT=&quot]The other individuals involved in filing claims in the same area and timeframe were Frank Criswell, William Criswell and Harry Criswell (2 claims), James Bark, E. D. Boody (Bark and Criswell's Foreman), Samuel Smith and John H. Heise (1 claim), James Bark, E. D. Boody and John H. Heise (1 claim) and James Bark and John Heise (5 claims). Including the 3 claims filed by Bark and Chuning, we have 12 claims related to the same area. They were on both sides of the Salt River. [/FONT]

The Chunning and Bark claims were called "Defender Gold Mine," "Puritan" and "Curiosity" all claimed in the 1895/96 time frame.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
It's a ruff spot to get to these days. So I've been told.

yes sarge...rough doesnt even begin to describe it...no roads to it...an old guy i knew took alot of indian items out of there back in the 60's...he spent many years exploring the area

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Dave

Unless no one knows it's there, I mean I did find it in a awkward way my first time in, about 10 years ago. I parked at that rest area and zig zagging through through over the top then down then up then down, I spotted something weird in
the willow's so I crushed my way through them till I came to it.

But if know one knows disregard this post.

But you crush ore were the water is.

babymick1. It will be a tuff find if one is so inclined to look

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Horse Mesa area. Your not going to find gold in this stuff.

Sarge, Mick,

I don't know if this is of any help or not, but Paul posted earlier about a conversation on another channel...I went over there and looked, very informative....
View attachment 1548397
This article goes into the geology of Bark/Chuning's mine on the Salt...

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Jim that describes the area to a T. The Salt is now Apache Lake in that spot. The granite starts on the other side of the lake. I have a friend that does very well in areas with decomposed granite. She uses a detector.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Jim I've not traveled into that area. I was on a jeep ride in the area with the mountain historian who also has a degree in geology. He pointed it out as a gold area along with the history.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread