WARD BASED HIS STORY ON ORIGINAL "THE BEALE PAPERS" PUBLISHED 1850

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Once again you misunderstand my statements. I didn't ask for any information, I was just commenting on things you have been posting. You cite a certain person who thinks so and so was THE author of the Beale Papers. Then you cite another person who thinks a different person was the author. Exactly how does this help your theory? All you're showing is that there is a lot of confusion over the Beale Papers, and we already knew that was the case.
What you have to remember is that MANY ppl contributed PAPERS for review for the FINAL "product", the Beale PAPERS Pamphlet. The emphasis MUST be on PAPERS! Yes, author's bias may show and VARIOUS "styles" of writings are indicated, including TWO women... I think that I KNOW who they were; Maj. F. C. Hutter was the MAIN MAN who co-ordinated VARIOUS parts into the WHOLE... Beale PAPERS Pamphlet. John Williams Sherman (for Charlie Button) interviewed Maj. F.C. Hutter for the "compiled" Pamphlet, and wrote it... DO THE RESEARCH! The QUESTION still is... WHO is the author...? "FC" or "JW"...?

O

Old Silver

What you have to remember is that MANY ppl contributed PAPERS for review for the FINAL "product", the Beale PAPERS Pamphlet. The emphasis MUST be on PAPERS! Yes, author's bias may show and VARIOUS "styles" of writings are indicated, including TWO women... I think that I KNOW who they were; Maj. F. C. Hutter was the MAIN MAN who co-ordinated VARIOUS parts into the WHOLE... Beale PAPERS Pamphlet. John Williams Sherman (for Charlie Button) interviewed Maj. F.C. Hutter for the "compiled" Pamphlet, and wrote it... DO THE RESEARCH! The QUESTION still is... WHO is the author...? "FC" or "JW"...?

The point is, ECS is touting a certain one as THE author, but then gives a different ONE. If he believes there were multiple authors, then why would he keep posting about differing opinions on who THE author was?

And as for who the author really was, I have seen no good evidence for anyone.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I post ALL the information that is available from various sources so others can move forward on their own research on who the author/authors may be.
Yes, I feel there were multiple authors involved-different sections do reveal different hands, the Beale description definitely has a feminine perspective. Mot likely Harriet Otey Buford Ward, who was born and raided "four miles from Buford's".

O

Old Silver

I post ALL the information that is available from various sources so others can move forward on their own research on who the author/authors may be.
Yes, I feel there were multiple authors involved-different sections do reveal different hands, the Beale description definitely has a feminine perspective. Mot likely Harriet Otey Buford Ward, who was born and raided "four miles from Buford's".

MAY be.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, Peter Viemeister (aka "PV")... [RIP] stated that he thought Maj. FC Hutter was the BEST candidate (author); THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW History of a MYSTERY (book), Chap. 20, pg. 157-163 "Hidden Talent" indicated such. The "MISSING PAPER(s)" could have been the RAGLAND FAMILY PAPERS, which also has info about the HUTTER family; STILL looking for such...

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, Peter Viemeister (aka "PV")... [RIP] stated that he thought Maj. FC Hutter was the BEST candidate (author); THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW History of a MYSTERY (book), Chap. 20, pg. 157-163 "Hidden Talent" indicated such. The "MISSING PAPER(s)" could have been the RAGLAND FAMILY PAPERS, which also has info about the HUTTER family; STILL looking for such...
...and CSA Maj F C Hutter was a first cousin of James Beverly Ward, so that connection is definitely there.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1.jpg .

ECS
Though I want the Personal Sniping to end on all sides !
do not take posts out of context !

The original post

Untitle.jpg

ECS You removed "Which is Translated as:" from Old Silvers post before Quoting it.
Do not do it again !

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"Feminine perspective" is CORRECT; Anne Royall (6/11/1769-19/1/1854; writer) visited Lynchburg, Va. "back then"... a widow, LOVED the men for their "MANLY BEAUTY", hated the women. Anne was buried in the Congressional Cemetery in DC. ANOTHER female writer is forth-coming...

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"Feminine perspective" is CORRECT; Anne Royall (6/11/1769-19/1/1854; writer) visited Lynchburg, Va. "back then"... a widow, LOVED the men for their "MANLY BEAUTY", hated the women. Anne was buried in the Congressional Cemetery in DC. ANOTHER female writer is forth-coming...
The "feminine perspective" description was probably Ward's wife, Harriet Otey Buford Ward, born and raised 4 miles from Buford's Inn.

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Edward Fitzgerald Beale(1822-1893) was a frontiersman who published his journals in 1850-"The Beale Papers",which are available from the LIBRARY of Congress.
The similarities between E F Beale's papers and Ward's pamphlet are hard to dismiss-here are just a few.
E F BEALE -1850 ----- ------- ----T J BEALE-1885 Ward's pamphlet
Started expedition in St Louis --- --- Left St Louis
Expedition had 30 men--- --- Expedition had 30 men
Went to Santa Fe --- --- Went to Santa Fe
Traveled in Colorado--- ---Found gold and silver in Colorado
Born in 1822 --- ---Letters to Morriss dated 1822,Ward born 1822
Published journal as "THE BEALE PAPERS"--- ---Ward pamphlet "THE BEALE PAPERS"
E F called "justley a lion" --- --- T J called "the Lion"
One journey listed as 1817 miles--- --- Started journey in 1817
Gold was NOT found by E F --- ---One of T J's men found the gold
Recieved $13,000 for an adventure--- --- Exchanged silver for $13,000 for transportation
Similar words and terms used in both "BEALE PAPERS"
EXACT LOCALITY
STAMPEDE
ABUNDANCE OF GAME
ACCESSION TO OUR NUMBERS
BUFFALOES
GRIZZLY BEARS
There are many others.
So the question arises-Happenstance,Coincidence,or Deliberate Plaglarism on the part of Ward to sell a concocted treasure story with one solved cipher solved,the other two unsolvable?
Or is the story a PERSHER CODE relating to a KGC treasure vault?

Similar words and terms used in both "BEALE PAPERS"
EXACT LOCALITY
STAMPEDE
ABUNDANCE OF GAME
ACCESSION TO OUR NUMBERS
BUFFALOES
GRIZZLY BEARS

Wow what a joke this is, you found the same words in a book somewhere ? LOL

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...and your point, Laf?
E F Beale's 1850 THE BEALE PAPERS has many items that were "borrowed" for the 1885 Beale Papers, including the title, copyrighted and published by Ward, printed by Sherman, advertised in Button's Lynchburg Virginian, and sold at old and valued friend, Guggenheimer's store.
Now if you can produce hard evidence outside of the story to dispute this, present it.

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
...and your point, Laf?
E F Beale's 1850 THE BEALE PAPERS has many items that were "borrowed" for the 1885 Beale Papers, including the title, copyrighted and published by Ward, printed by Sherman, advertised in Button's Lynchburg Virginian, and sold at old and valued friend, Guggenheimer's store.
Now if you can produce hard evidence outside of the story to dispute this, present it.

The title ?
From Captain Thomas Beale's Father
Thomas beales father.JPG

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The title ?
From Captain Thomas Beale's Father
View attachment 1315103
...and which Beale Papers does this article refer?
The papers of Taverner Beale, EF Beale's 1850 Beale Papers, or Ward's 1885 Beale Papers?
Taverner Beale was the Tax Commissioner of Shenadoah county in 1787, was related to James Madison, and had a son, Thomas Beale, no "J" in the name.
So what was your intention of posting that article, and what relation does it have to the 1885 Beale Papers?

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
...and which Beale Papers does this article refer?
The papers of Taverner Beale, EF Beale's 1850 Beale Papers, or Ward's 1885 Beale Papers?
Taverner Beale was the Tax Commissioner of Shenadoah county in 1787, was related to James Madison, and had a son, Thomas Beale, no "J" in the name.
So what was your intention of posting that article, and what relation does it have to the 1885 Beale Papers?

They are the first Beale papers, Taverner son Captain Thomas Beale of New Orleans made the 3 Ciphers in The Beale Papers .

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are the first Beale papers, Taverner son Captain Thomas Beale of New Orleans made the 3 Ciphers in The Beale Papers .

Boy are you confused?

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
:icon_scratch: This statement makes no sense at all.
I concur with Franklin.

The Col Taverner Beale Jr may make it easier for you guys to understand . You see he had papers and they are referred to as the Beale Papers get it ?
His son Captain Thomas Beale Sr of the Battle New Orleans had papers in a box that was given to Morriss in the 1820's and they became The Beale Papers !
EF Beale was kin to them but, his book dose not have one thing to do with The Beale Papers of Captain Tomas Beale Sr of New Orleans .

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The Col Taverner Beale Jr may make it easier for you guys to understand . You see he had papers and they are referred to as the Beale Papers get it ?
His son Captain Thomas Beale Sr of the Battle New Orleans had papers in a box that was given to Morriss in the 1820's and they became The Beale Papers !
EF Beale was kin to them but, his book dose not have one thing to do with The Beale Papers of Captain Tomas Beale Sr of New Orleans .
The is no outside existing proof that "Captain" Thomas Beale Sr's papers have anything to do with Ward's published 1885 Beale Papers, or that he gave an iron box with ciphers to Robert Morriss.
If Col Taverner Beale had paper known as "Beale Papers", how does that relate to Ward's published "Beale Papers"Edward F Beale, born Feb 4, 1822 in the District of Columbia, did have many western adventures, and published his journal in 1850, which was called "THE BEALE PAPERS".
There are many incidence in Beale's 1850 journal that appear in Ward's 1885 published job pamphlet of the same name.
That fact can not be denied.

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The is no outside existing proof that "Captain" Thomas Beale Sr's papers have anything to do with Ward's published 1885 Beale Papers, or that he gave an iron box with ciphers to Robert Morriss.
If Col Taverner Beale had paper known as "Beale Papers", how does that relate to Ward's published "Beale Papers"Edward F Beale, born Feb 4, 1822 in the District of Columbia, did have many western adventures, and published his journal in 1850, which was called "THE BEALE PAPERS".
There are many incidence in Beale's 1850 journal that appear in Ward's 1885 published job pamphlet of the same name.
That fact can not be denied.

So E F Beale has been exposed to the knowledge of the Beale party at sometime in his life that would explain the adoption of those words into his journal .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread