WARD BASED HIS STORY ON ORIGINAL "THE BEALE PAPERS" PUBLISHED 1850

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
John Yates Beall was Lt. John Yates Beall... YET! As "Captain of his Ship", his REBEL "peers" ELECTED him "CAPTAIN"; WHERE have I read THAT before...? He was from JEFFERSON COUNTY, VIRGINIA, now WEST Virginia; trained in LAW at UVA; NEVER finished, went home to "FARM". JYB was born on January 1, 1835 on his father's farm, WALNUT GROVE; arrested and hung as a REBEL Spy, February 24, 1865 in New York (Governor Island)... CSA/KGC were NOT amused. Copper-Heads in Maryland went "into Action"...

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
John Yates Beale was from the Harper's Ferry, West Virginia area. He and John Wilkes Booth were friends. Booth warned Lincoln if he did not pardon John Yates Beale you would kill him and he did.

By the way in the adjoining county, John Wilkes Booth stored a large fortune in gold and silver. Some as been recovered mostly the gold by his wife but the silver was left behind. I wonder if it is still there?
Well, if the Silver IS... it would be in Jefferson County, where all those CW "Markers" are... @ 25 of 'em.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
AND! DYK...? BOLIVER Heights is in Jefferson County, WV... overlooks Harper Ferry & Boliver, WV. WASSAIL! 'Tis X-Mas EVE!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I can't quit... too excited; NOT for SANTA! Boliver, WV is east of Harpers Ferry, & where my very first battle for Comp. I, 10th Va. Infantry re-enactment was (CSA - Stonewall Jackson's Foot Calvary), in 1973. BOLIVER! Is there BIG Rebel Treasure in Boliver, WV...? "JOB PRINT" may have had BOLIVAR... YET! REBEL "connection" to SOME of the names...?

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Musta been the Egg Nog "talking"... NO Boliver/Bolivar is mentioned in the JOB PRINT; Dang "5th Generation" curse or something. Jean Lafitte is now on the "Naughty List"; NO warm milk & cookies... BAH HUMBUG!

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Musta been the Egg Nog "talking"... NO Boliver/Bolivar is mentioned in the JOB PRINT; Dang "5th Generation" curse or something. Jean Lafitte is now on the "Naughty List"; NO warm milk & cookies... BAH HUMBUG!
Oh, NO! Not that Lafitte fake memoir Fifth Generation jive again!
Sherman and Mr Peabody did get a mention long before the Rocky & Bullwinkle Show.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
John Yates Beall was Lt. John Yates Beall... YET! As "Captain of his Ship", his REBEL "peers" ELECTED him "CAPTAIN"; WHERE have I read THAT before...? He was from JEFFERSON COUNTY, VIRGINIA, now WEST Virginia; trained in LAW at UVA; NEVER finished, went home to "FARM". JYB was born on January 1, 1835 on his father's farm, WALNUT GROVE; arrested and hung as a REBEL Spy, February 24, 1865 in New York (Governor Island)... CSA/KGC were NOT amused. Copper-Heads in Maryland went "into Action"...
...and they less then amused when CSA Col Richard L T Beale had the Dahlgren Papers sent to CSA PRESIDENT Jefferson Davis in Richmond, who read them in front of CSA Gen Robert E Lee and CSA Sec of State Judah P Benjamin.
It involved the Union assassination plot of Davis and his cabinet, and Benjamin , who was KGC and ran the Confederate spy network, got the word out about this Union plot.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and they less then amused when CSA Col Richard L T Beale had the Dahlgren Papers sent to CSA PRESIDENT Jefferson Davis in Richmond, who read them in front of CSA Gen Robert E Lee and CSA Sec of State Judah P Benjamin.
It involved the Union assassination plot of Davis and his cabinet, and Benjamin , who was KGC and ran the Confederate spy network, got the word out about this Union plot.

Yes, but did Richard Beale have anything to do with John Beale being executed? I mean was he kin?

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
If you are ever in Benica, California, you can visit the "Camel Barracks." Still there. I thought it was just a story - but, as it turns out, the buildings were used to house camels.

There is a very rare photo of a US Army camel. Gentleman picked it up at a flea market for a few bucks and after he got it home he realized what was shown in the picture:

Camel.jpg

19th Century Technical.jpg
A 19th Century "Technical." I doubt this would have worked very well in real life.

"Leland Lovelace" has a story about lost gold at a camel's desert waterhole in her classic ​Lost Mines and Buried Treasures.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are ever in Benica, California, you can visit the "Camel Barracks." Still there. I thought it was just a story - but, as it turns out, the buildings were used to house camels.

There is a very rare photo of a US Army camel. Gentleman picked it up at a flea market for a few bucks and after he got it home he realized what was shown in the picture:

View attachment 1395438

View attachment 1395437
A 19th Century "Technical." I doubt this would have worked very well in real life.

"Leland Lovelace" has a story about lost gold at a camel's desert waterhole in her classic ​Lost Mines and Buried Treasures.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Who was the Secretary of War that brought about the camels for use?

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Do you ask because you don't know or do you ask because you find the answer interesting?

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Who was the Secretary of War that brought about the camels for use?
Could that be Judah P Benjamin's KGC buddy who when a fellow US Senator advocated the annexation of Gulf coast of Mexico to create a Golden circle?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could that be Judah P Benjamin's KGC buddy who when a fellow US Senator advocated the annexation of Gulf coast of Mexico to create a Golden circle?

No it was Jefferson Davis when he was Secretary of War of the United States. He also was the man that added rifle bores to cannon so they could shoot further and more accuracy of hitting their target. And he built most the arsenals in the south and had them armed better before the Civil War.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread