Warning On After Market CTX 3030 Gaskets!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warning On After Market CTX 3030 Gaskets!

My hunting partner Dave who runs the Minelab Repair center called me this morning and asked me to post this. He is seeing CTX 3030 detectors coming in for repair that have after market battery gaskets that are not Minelab approved and have flooded, be forewarned, if a 3030 comes in to the Minelab repair center that has flooded and has an after market gasket it will void the 3030 warranty...

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for posting! I know the new CTX's come with different gaskets. Are those new CTX gaskets available for purchase? If so, is there a specific part number assigned to them.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting! I know the new CTX's come with different gaskets. Are those new CTX gaskets available for purchase? If so, is there a specific part number assigned to them.

Yes they are, kellyco sells them, sold as a kit, 3 to the kit, o-ring gasket part number is 237-30110288

MarySeminole

Dec 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The amount of money paid for the 3030 shouldn't have these problems.
If you run across this issue, just replace the unit with the original gasket before sending it in for repair and deny using the after-market gasket.
If ML addressed this properly, we wouldn't have this issue.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better switch out the beefy oring for the dainty, thin Minelab one before sending it in! This is why I like the Excal better in water situations.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The amount of money paid for the 3030 shouldn't have these problems.
If you run across this issue, just replace the unit with the original gasket before sending it in for repair and deny using the after-market gasket.
If ML addressed this properly, we wouldn't have this issue.

I asked Dave and he has not seen any come in for leaks that have the new gasket in the battery compartment but has seen flooded units with the after market gaskets...... This thread was just a heads up to keep people from voiding their warranty....

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Those after market o-rings were a wee bit difficult to install properly. You had to go around and around tamping it in to make sure it was seated.

I wonder if the issue was actually the installation versus the o-ring itself.

But then, it leaks, it's not Minelab supplied - it's a voided warranty nonetheless.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread