spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have a way around everything, but it will take a little effort on your part. So here's my step by stp untraceable method to post your picture and keep that location a secret.

1- Take a picture of your find, right there and then
2- So home, enlarge and print a copy of the picture
3- Now here's where the work is involved.
A) if the picture was taken in the woods, go to a beach
B) if the picture was taken on a beach, go to the woods

4- Get to your new location and have someone take a picture of you holding your find.

Problem solved :headbang: :thumbsup:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I simply put my cell phone in a aluminum foil pouch. Then run a ground wire to my tin foil hat. Works fine unless the cat runs by in her tin foil booties, then the voices in my head get a little garbled. :laughing7:

CrazySlasher

Jul 6, 2010
SS of MA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac w/Sunray probe and 15' WoTcoil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought a Droid so I wanted to test this out. I downloaded some photos from the Today's Find section and one of the better posts there I got the coordinates. I'll make sure I edit my exif data from now on.

greenacarina

Tenderfoot
Dec 13, 2003
Everett, WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Cen Tech Pinpointer
Just to dispel any myths about 911 pinpointing your location....results vary widely!
Sometimes (rarely) a cell phone signal can be narrowed down to a few meters, usually it's somewhere around 120 meters or greater. Quite often the mapping hit from your cell phone is so large, emergency responders could spend days looking for you and not find you. This is mostly dependent on who your cell carrier is, and how many cell towers are in the area you're calling from (more remote location....less cell towers). If you have to call 911 for some kind of emergency, know where you're at and tell the calltaker. Playing games with them by saying "Oh, you know where I am" is only delaying the response of the police, aid crew, fire department, etc....
I'm not getting this info from an article I read, or something I saw on TV...this is what I do for a living.

Thanks,
Chris

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
greencarina,

Thanks for the info. My carrier is Verizon - I know they have lots of coverage area - which is why I like them.

Though - when you are driving across the country, and you stop at some little "off the highway 5 miles" spot, you really don't always know exactly where you are (close enough to direct the emt's, etc.), and, they (the police dispatch), specifically asked for permission, and, they were right on target.

And, having been on the medical side of that equation, I would never think about playing games with my location. (and I hope nobody else does).
I know how important it is to get help asap.

Still - it surprised me - dead phone, no signal.

Beth

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I laugh at most "conspiracy" stuff, I know just how well you can track a cell phone location. While in Iraq, some of us used captured cell phones , that had been electronically wiped by the techies, to talk to each other. Regardless, I wasn;t carrying something that could trace anyone THERE to my home. So when it was time to leave, I took a pair of pliers and seperated every component off the board before I threw it away.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
modern cell phones have gps tracking BUILT INTO THEM * THEY CAN NOT BE SHUT OFF OR DISABLED - THE GPS PHOTO INPRINT CAN BE DISABLED HOWEVER -- and anyone with a brain that has valiuble stuff in their house and that might post a photo of might want to do so ---

via "cell phone" pings location can be locked down exactly *

and while land lines are not allowed to be "tapped" without a court order ( you by law can "expect" your land line call to be "private" the courts say unless the govt goes to a judge and proves good cause to get a wire tap order)--- however since a cell phone is in effect "broadasting" a signal like a radio station to the relay towers the courts say--you have "no right" to expect cell phone calls to be "private"-- thus no wire tap permits are required for the govt and others to "moniter" your cell phone calls legally.

my phone even when shut off "reports" in every so often --found it out when i had it sitting by my computer and it caused interferance with my wireless internet hook up device --the buzzing was quite noticible

the older phones did not have the forced built in gps tracking built ito them --so the govt "changed' cell phone freqs to make folks get the "new phones' that are gps trackible -- now the old "non trackible" phone no longer work ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions