Was hoping the dime was Seated but this Barber is fine

seychik

Nov 3, 2011
Denver Metro, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was hunting above a Colorado mining town by an old foundation and dug outhouse and popped this dime out. A 1901 S Barber. I knew rain was forecast, but when the snow hit and continued, I quit and looked up this dime and found out the mintage was 593, 022, a semi key date. I could also read "Liberty" and suddenly no longer cared that she was a Barber and not Seated. (A holed 1863 Indian was pulled too, my first holed coin.)
Cindy

Attachments

• IMAG2064_1.jpg
    IMAG2064_1.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 160
  • IMAG2065_1.jpg
    IMAG2065_1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 142
Upvote 13
1901 - S Barber in VF+ condition. That's worth more than your average Barber. :thumbsup:

Beautiful coin! I love that patina more than a brilliant one even.

Congrats on the fantastic Barber! If you check out PCGS Photograde guidelines, I'd say your coin is very close to XF- that makes it about a $500 coin- certainly not your average find! Awesome- I'm very happy for you! Hope you find many more!

-- Jeff --

Thanks for all the replies. She is a pretty coin but I may need to help someone fill in their collection....

Cindy , Very nice dime !!! Congrats !!!! Glad you got out. I found a couple of new foundations ,found half a pick head a couple of cinch rings and a railroad spike,no coins yet spent a couple of hours there.

Beautiful coin! I love that patina more than a brilliant one even.

As Do I..

A Beautiful Coin Indeed ,Imo Perfect as is.
Davers

Thanks for all the replies. She is a pretty coin but I may need to help someone fill in their collection....

I wish , I could take it off your hands , Would be a great Coin to have Along with the Location Dug.

More pictures.

Attachments

• IMAG2073_1.jpg
    IMAG2073_1.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMAG2072_1.jpg
    IMAG2072_1.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMAG2054.jpg
    IMAG2054.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 76

Top Member Reactions