hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week my hunting buddy came from an area that I had found while it was frozen. He had hunted for several hours, found several Korean coins, and then
began finding bones......several skull cap pieces, several smaller knuckle-type bones, and finally one bone that he swore up and down that it was a part of
a human leg. He decided not to go back to that spot.
HEY!!! COINS!!! Not to be deterred by a (possible) human bone, in I went yesterday, Sat. March 19. Began finding coins as soon as I turned on the
machine. Japanese aluminum coins, dating back to WWII era......very common in S. Korea. Then, after 7 or 8 of those, a nice signal, and
a Korean holed coin - at least 100+ years old.
Hunted for about 2 1/2 hours. Totals: 45 holed Korean coins, dating 1670's to 1880's. 2 broken Korean holed coins, one of which would have been the
most valuable coin I found. Several Chinese holed coins, dating 200+ years. 5 or 6 newer, modern Korean coins. and a bushel basket of aluminum stuff,
which I am still sorting.
AND......bones. I found the bones. None human. Someone dumped some animal remains in the coin site. (Still waiting to find an American set of dogtags
from Korean War era, plus remains. I hope I do, if they are their, as I will immediately turn the site over to our folks, who will bring in a proper team to get our
soldier's remains home.
Most of the holed coins will be in price range of $4.00 to $10.00. That is for regular common circulated coins. But, I did notice that i have several holed coins that must have been dropped when someone got them right out of the bank. Those will be a couple hundred dollars in value......some of them even more valuable then the "mother" coins.
Hopefully, will be able to get some pics to go with this, and with all other of my posts. Will get some scenery, + coins coming out of the ground.

Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW Hike!!!Thats awesome!I was going to ask you to see some pics in your P.M.,get us some pictures asap!!! :thumbsup:

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope these pictures. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread