WAS JOHN WILKES BOOTH A PAID ASSASSIN????

WAS JOHN WILKES BOOTH A PAID ASSASSIN?

• YES

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • NO

Votes: 20 45.5%

• Total voters
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
We have the best politicians that money can buy. Look how long it has taken them to stack the deck, they are almost there.

It's not so much the stacked deck that bothers me, It's when you catch them dealing off the bottom and holding cards in their sleeves that really ticks me off. Then you find out that they already had an insurance bet on the side that was going to make them a winner even if they lost. Like paying their thug to beat you up outside and take ALL of your money.
L.C. Baker :laughing7:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
LOGIC.....is the answer. Use your head, make up your own mind. Why did they sew John Wilkes Booth into a blanket?? Name one good reason other than hiding his body from view. Where they afraid his brains and blood would get on the wagon? No!, then they would have just put the blanket under him in the wagon. After all, how would they show off the tyrant to everybody on the way home if they put him in a blanket...........unroll it and show people?........No! they sewed it up so you couldn't do that.....:dontknow: Why do you think they did not allow Booth's family on board to identify his remains? Didn't they want to make sur :dontknow:e they had the right guy? Sure you can pawn these things off to poor handling of the case, or lack of experience in those kind of matters, but why not except the facts for just what they are."FACTS".
The American public was duped by their Government, or at least a part of it. That would be the guilty part of it that duped us. Who pulled the gaurd off Lincoln's door? Better yet, who picked the gaurd for Lincoln's door?

From "The Ones That Got Away"

John Parker
President Lincolnā€™s Last Body Guard

The suspicion that Vice President Andrew Johnson had a hand in the assassination of President Lincoln, were shared, and also voiced, by Mary Todd Lincoln. Mrs. Lincoln, as well as many others had openly accused Andrew Johnson of being involved in the conspiracy. Mrs. Lincoln was convinced that it was Andrew Johnson who had pulled the guard off of the door at Fordā€™s theater that night, and even accused the guard himself, John Parker of having a hand in the murder of her husband.
Was Mary Todd Lincoln lashing out at Andrew Johnson and John Parker because she was hurt and in mourning, or did she have good reason for her accusations? These were troubled times, and there were hundreds of death threats that had been made on President Lincoln by April of 1865. Some of those threats on the presidentā€˜s life, had been openly published in the countriesā€™ newspapers.
Was John Parker chosen by his superiors for his outstanding skills as a police officer to guard and protect Abraham Lincoln, or was he chosen for his lack of intelligence and poor skills? Parker was a carpenter by trade until becoming one of the capitalā€™s first officers when the Metropolitan Police Force was organized in 1861. He had a terrible work ethic and was a pitiful excuse for a policeman. . Parker was almost canned for falling asleep on a street car while on duty. When he was asked why he was on the street car while he was supposed to be walking the beat, he claimed to have heard ducks on the street car and went on board to investigate. Eventually, Parker was reprimanded for visiting a whorehouse, conduct unbecoming an officer, using intemperate language, and being drunk on duty. He was eventually fired in 1868. How this man was selected to be a presidential guard in those dire days, is beyond anyoneā€™s imagination, that is unless you open your eyes and see that he was selected for these same reasons.
Let me seeā€¦ā€¦.if I was going to plan an assassination, who would I want to guard the presidentā€™s door? Steven Segal or Barney Fife? It becomes obvious that Parker's assignment was no oversight when you look at the information the Secret Service had on hand at the time. It was no secret by 1865 that old Abe had a lot of people that wanted him dead. The news of his reelection was just too much for the K.G.C. to stomach. They would make the plans and put up the money to pay the assassins to take Lincoln out. A paid hit, just like the mafia of today. This was ordered from the top and people were selected to get the job done. The money was gathered from certain extremely wealthy people who were located all over the states, and a selected Knight took it to New York City to fund the operation. It would not be a hard thing to cover up, seeing as how these bankers and investors moved large amounts of gold and cash on a regular basis. All of the conspirators were to be paid well for their services. Some of them had spoken to there close friends and families of big plans in their near future, and of a task at hand that would pay them well when completed.
After Lincoln was murdered, over 100 death threats he had in his own possession were found in a covey hole in his desk. Lafayette C. Baker as well as Allen Pinkerton of the Pinkerton Detective Agency both knew the President was at great risk. Pinkerton had himself, spoiled several attempts on the President in the prior four years. In fact Lincoln had already been shot at and had his stove pipe hat hit just above his forehead.
It is more than a little ironic, that on the same night that President Lincoln was shot, John Parker exited Fordā€™s Theater and went next door to the Star Saloon for a drink. Lincolnā€™s coachman and footman also went with Parker at that time, into the same saloon. It would just so happen that John Wilkes Booth was in the Star Saloon about that same time. Could the sight of John Parker walking into the saloon, ā€œLincolns only body guard that night,ā€ have been Boothā€™s signal that the coast was clear? Booth would have known for sure that the door to Lincolnā€™s private box was now left unguarded. One can imagine seeing Booth and Parker giving the K.G.C. hand signal to each other in the saloon as Booth slams down one last whiskey for courage and then exitā€™s the bar on his way to kill President Lincoln.
John Parker was charged with neglect of duty and tried on May 3, 1865 but no transcripts of the case were kept. You really didn't think the conspirators would want that to go public now would you? It is also ironic that no known photograph or picture of John Parker exists to this day, and. He is also buried in an unmarked grave. It is almost like they tried to make him disappear.
There were many voices that secretly whispered the intentions of The Knights of The Golden Circle from mouth to ear, and they were the mouths and ears of men unseen and protected by the inner sanctum of the K.G.C. They were protected from any charges by their secrecy and almost anonymous presents in the organization.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Booth drilled a hole through the door of the presidential booth earlier in the day April 12th, 1865. A hole to peek through at the president on the other side before he killed him. Now I ask you.....Did he know there would not be a guard posted outside of that door?? Why drill a hole to peek through if you knew you would have to kill a guard to get through the door?. This is logical proof that J.W. Booth already knew early in the afternoon on April 12th, 1865, that there was not going to be a guard outside Lincolns door that night.
L.C. Baker

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
L.C. Baker you are correct on most of what you have written however I have a few facts you may not be aware of---------Secretary of War Edwin Stanton was the man that pulled the guard off duty the day that Lincoln was assassinated. Edwin Stanton was under orders from Vice President Johnson and not him alone but by all members of the KGC out of the Baltimore Templar Headquarters.

My gggrandfather William Henry Atwell was to be on guard duty that night, Edwin Stanton had him replaced by John Parker. Parker was not in the saloon he was in the alley holding JWB's horse for the get-away. My gggrandfather left Washington City and went to Greensboro, N.C. to be President Davis' bodyguard for the remainder of the flight to Irwinville, Ga. Davis lived and Lincoln was killed now which was the best bodyguard my gggrandfather or John Parker.

This is the story that I have learned to be true, but it could be misinformation .

On April 14, the day of Lincoln's assassination, Spangler helped prepare the State Box for the president. He removed a partition separating two boxes, creating a larger one for Lincoln and the other members of his party. While working on the box, Spangler allegedly made derogatory remarks--such as "Damn the President!"--about Lincoln. (On the other hand, a defense witness testified that Spangler smiled and clapped along with other theater workers when the president arrived at Ford's.)

Sometime between nine and ten o'clock, Booth appeared at the rear of the theatre and called for Spangler. Booth asked Spangler to hold his horse. Spangler in turn asked Joseph Burroughs (better known as "Peanuts") to watch Booth's horse. When Peanuts told Spangler that he "had to go in to attend my door," Spangler said he should hold the horse anyway and "if there was any thing wrong to lay the blame on him."

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
And wasn't U.S. Grant, the hero of the Army, to also to have been in the box with Lincoln originally? Then at the last minute came up with an excuse not to go?

Must of been one heck of an excuse, to bug out on your President when invited to sit with him.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
John Wilkes Booth was a loose cannon that was manipulated and used by the high ranking Knights of the K.G.C. to do their bidding. He was a mere pawn in the scheme of things. His deed won him the benefit of the Knights of the Golden Circle's gratitude for a job well done. He laid low for two years and then made his way to the promised pay off. Years later on his death bed, Booth would belly ache out his sorrow for Abe Lincoln's slaughter thinking he was close to meeting his maker. He got well and didn't die, but it was too late, he had let the cat out of the bag about who he was and what he had done. He would have to pull up(from Texas) and move again to Enid Oklahoma, where he finally met his demise.
The K.G.C. Knight that had met with him in the Kirkwood Hotel in Washington and given(relayed) him instructions and supplied he and his cohorts funding, also lived in Texas. This Texas Knight would die in Washington D.C. under extremely suspicious conditions. He was most likely killed by the Radical "Black Republicans" (psycho abolitionist)in 1867 for retaliation of the Rebel's part in president Lincoln's assassination. He thought he had gotten away with it, but he was wrong.
L.C. Baker :thumbsup:

Last edited:

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have read most all of these posts and very much appreciate all the info and kind tone of the debate and if I have missed the answer to this question please bear with me...What did the KGC expect to gain from the death of Lincoln?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I have read most all of these posts and very much appreciate all the info and kind tone of the debate and if I have missed the answer to this question please bear with me...What did the KGC expect to gain from the death of Lincoln?

It was the COPPERHEADS that gained the most...

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

Rebel KGC is right. They wanted control of the government, that was why Johnson had to be in control of the presidency during the reconstruction period. They had lost the war, but they were not giving up the fight. One only has to look at Andrew Johnson's policies to see who was back in control after Lincoln was out of the way. The copperheads were politicians and law makers, in control of government funds and contracts. These government funds were then channeled to K.G.C. operations as government contracts and funding of the operations.
Thanks, Baker

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Rebel KGC is right. They wanted control of the government, that was why Johnson had to be in control of the presidency during the reconstruction period. They had lost the war, but they were not giving up the fight. One only has to look at Andrew Johnson's policies to see who was back in control after Lincoln was out of the way. The copperheads were politicians and law makers, in control of government funds and contracts. These government funds were then channeled to K.G.C. operations as government contracts and funding of the operations.
Thanks, Baker

The K.G.C. operations would look like postal contracts and the likes.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The K.G.C. operations would look like postal contracts and the likes.

HA! Look at the "Robber Barons"; Railroads across the country... Banks, EVERYWHERE... Feds fighting the "Indians", Confederados, Desperados, Out-laws, "CROOKED" Law Enforcement, "CROOKED" US Army... HH!

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
HA! Look at the "Robber Barons"; Railroads across the country... Banks, EVERYWHERE... Feds fighting the "Indians", Confederados, Desperados, Out-laws, "CROOKED" Law Enforcement, "CROOKED" US Army... HH!

When the Civil War broke out the mail service to the Southern States was underground(so to speak), but if you wanted to send your son Johnny Rebel a new pair of boots and some ammo there was a "REBEL EXPRESS" that still delivered mail to the South.
L.C. Baker 8-)

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
When the Civil War broke out the mail service to the Southern States was underground(so to speak), but if you wanted to send your son Johnny Rebel a new pair of boots and some ammo there was a "REBEL EXPRESS" that still delivered mail to the South.
L.C. Baker 8-)

Along with coded ciphers for Jeff Davis and the K.G.C.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
There were at least eleven members of Congress involved in the plot,
no less than twelve Army officers, three Naval officers and at least
twenty four civilians, of which one was a governor of a loyal state.
Five were bankers of great repute, three were nationally known
newspapermen and eleven were industrialists of great repute and
wealth. There were probably more that I know nothing of.

The names of these known conspirators is presented without comment or
notation in Vol one of this series. Eighty-five thousand dollars was
contributed by the named persons to pay for the deed. Only eight
persons knew the details of the plot and the identity of the others.
I fear for my life, L.C.B. [Lafayette C. Baker]

My list of exposed contains the names of two bank presidents, 12 politicians, two news paper men, and multiple civilians. all of which were K.G.C. That is just in this ring of K.G.C. people.
Baker

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
L.C. Baker 8-)

This would aid John Wilkes Booth on his escape route as he would know every K.G.C. member along his way. With the proper hand shake and a few words they would be bound by oath to uphold a fellow K.G.C. member up to and including murder and treason.
L.C. Baker

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question:
Prior to the war there were many companies and even banks conducting business between north to south, etc. During the war did these affairs cease to exist or did some of these businesses openly continue their affairs?

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Question:
Prior to the war there were many companies and even banks conducting business between north to south, etc. During the war did these affairs cease to exist or did some of these businesses openly continue their affairs?

From what i read it depended on who it was and what they were selling, and who they were selling it to. All trade was held to U.S. Government standards (control). However there were several K.G.C. businesses, that looked like every day mercantile that were owned by several different parties on paper, but they all were purchased, funded, and ran by the K.G.C.. This allowed the K.G.C. to order mass quantities of goods (without drawing U.S. Government suspicion) to supply their mercantile businesses to sell out the front door to the public for money to fund the rebellion, as well as taking goods out the back door to supply a needy Rebel army with what they needed.
As far as dealing in cotton, it was who you were and who you knew. Take for instance Mary Todd Lincoln's Sister. Orville Browning a so called Republican (copperhead)senator from Illinois helped her get by (under the U.S. control) with selling cotton during a time when it was prohibited to do so without the U.S. Governments consent.
L.C. Baker

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
There were at least eleven members of Congress involved in the plot,
no less than twelve Army officers, three Naval officers and at least
twenty four civilians, of which one was a governor of a loyal state.
Five were bankers of great repute, three were nationally known
newspapermen and eleven were industrialists of great repute and
wealth. There were probably more that I know nothing of.

The names of these known conspirators is presented without comment or
notation in Vol one of this series. Eighty-five thousand dollars was
contributed by the named persons to pay for the deed. Only eight
persons knew the details of the plot and the identity of the others.
I fear for my life, L.C.B. [Lafayette C. Baker]

This was from a coded cipher left behind by Lafayette C. Baker. While a list of unnamed conspirators certainly doesn't prove anything, a signature in the magazine, originally made in "invisible ink," was brought to visibility by subjecting a discolored spot in the magazine with ultra-short wavelength ultra-violet radiation. The signature, "L.C. Baker," taken to a Philadelphia handwriting expert in the early 60s, was declared genuine!

This would sound far fetched, what with the "invisible Ink" ,if I didn't know about the discovery of Greek Fire and several other scientific things that were being used during the civil war, including "Radical Republican" germ warfare at the National Hotel. Official U.S. Military reports that are available to read on line that support, "special weapons confiscated from K.G.C. members with a substance (Greek Fire) inside of special bullets that required a percussion cap on the end. This was going to be used to fire the town up and burn it down. There was a spy that turned the K.G.C. Rebels in before the plan could be fully hatched. The Rebels were arrested and the riffles, pistols, and special ammo, were all confiscated by Union Army and Police. The Confederate Secret Service (K.G.C.) was very well backed with edgucated men in the South and from the North. There were Rebels on both sides.
L.C. Baker :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread