Was thinking of hitting the San Gabriel East Fork this weekend, and guess what?

OP
OP
soupfreak

soupfreak

Mar 22, 2012
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now over 1000 acres.

Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is not good. I was up there, about 4 miles in. I noticed the smoke around 2:45pm, I decided to stay put and just keep going. Around 3:15pm the smoke started to get bad and I decided to pack as much as I could and hike out. I left my tent, buckets, and pry bar up there. Easily replaceable items. My sluices and I made it out to prospect another day. It was the fastest I ever hiked out of the east fork. I can see it now.....the east fork will be closed off for a few years, just like the Station fire(hopefully not as long as Crystal Lake after the Curve fire) . Sad. 3600 acres at the last fire report(8:40pm). It was at 400 acres at 4:30pm. I hope everyone got out safely, there were still a lot of cars at the parking lot when I left. One car in particular, I know the occupants went up to the narrows for the weekend. I hope you guys made it out safely. Same goes for everyone at Camp Williams and the other prospectors up there. This sucks.

IMAG0641.jpg

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was up there sluicing with my kids yesterday. I have never seen the EF so full of people. We were on the bank of El Doradoville and i kept smelling fires. Then I saw a USFS guy on the road with binoculars checking everyone out. He must have smelled them too. Luckily we packed it up and got out of there at 1:30. When we hit the 210 you could see the huge plume rising up out of the mountains. This is bad news not only for us, but for everyone who enjoys this area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread