Washingto beach mining is back or at least for this guy.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Washington changed it's beach mining rules* a couple of years ago but I found this a little while ago. I think that permission/way around the old rules is to file for a Washington state HPA(?). Is that the case or does anyone know if there are any other permits needed?

*anyone could "run what they brung" but suddenly no motors allowed and a couple of other changes

Last edited:
Upvote 3

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beach mining is a waste of time here in Washington state ,I have done it , if it is your only place to mine that's great but one flake from the sultan river is equal to thousands of beach gold flakes. One of the main reasons the law was changed is because of certain miners in that area were selling buckets of black sand harvested from the beach on the internet. For those who have never been there, Cape Disappointment is the best place to go but if you are placer miner what is your best friend for finding gold, black sand but also your worst enemy when separating your gold from it. Well the beaches at Cape Disappointment are almost purely black sand, not a good place to bring a magnet and what gold you do find will be so hard to separate.

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Washington changed it's beach mining rules* a couple of years ago but I found this a little while ago. I think that permission/way around the old rules is to file for a Washington state HPA(?). Is that the case or does anyone know if there are any other permits needed?

*anyone could "run what they brung" but suddenly no motors allowed and a couple of other changes

Nice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread