beegs6584

Sep 30, 2023
Upvote 1

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
anyone here have any luck panning for gold in the deerfield river? i know of a couple small,,very small feeder streams behind eaglebrook school. was thinking of trying them. i guess that question could be for anywhere,,any luck in little brooks .
Nothing much better than doing some sample panning on your own. Find some gold, your golden. Find no gold, you're still a more experienced panner.
Best to sample material from inside bends, natural riffles and other depressions in or close to bedrock.
Good luck and welcome to the forum.

BoulderTroll

Sep 20, 2023
Bremerton, Wa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's all based on your local geology. If you live in an area that was once covered by a continental ice sheet, then there probably is at least some small bits in all those little brooks.
As arizau says, never hurts to try. You can always learn something by doing it

Papa-t

Greenie
Apr 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just get out and look. I’ve found gold in streams where there’s never shown any on a map or suppose to be there. One day I’ll share my area in NC, hopefully before I leave this world.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions